Friday, February 2, 2007

DAY 16-FRIDAY-February 2nd

Today was a really good day. I felt really good. KG's stomach is still bothering him but he doesn't show it. We all slept until 9:20 which was unexpected. We rushed around trying to get ready so we could go to breakfast and meet our guide by 10:00 am. We went to a museum and the Chin home, around 200 years old. We went on the short bus with about 5 other couples and their new kids. It was nice to see other parts of Guangzhou as well as meet other adoptive families. When we got back it was 1:00 p.m. so we went to the deli for lunch. We all like what we got, one of the things was quite similar to my favorite thing at the bakery at the Idanha so I was pleasantly surprised! I then took off from there and went shopping. KG brought Flower back to the room for a nap. I came back with a few bags from one store and then headed back out. I was gone for another couple of hours. the bags were so heavy I wouldn't have made it had I had to walk any further! When I got back I showed KG everything I had purchased. I finally got me something and surprised KG with something as well. Up until then, most everything we had bought was for others. Flower was also awake so they decided to join me on the next spree. We had a few more people to shop for. KG also bought me a really cute bracelet. :) We hit three stores, one of them, Jordon's, was the same as where I had gotten several things just a couple hours earlier. They have things marketed quite low already, they are all a pleasure to deal with and they have a huge selection. We were able to get everyone on our list checked off! :) After a few hours of that we were famished and ready for food. Lucy's was the closest thing to where we were so that's what we had. We all loved our food this time too! We are so impressed with Flower too. She willingly tried and loved the refried beans from my enchilada and a mashed baked potato along with her normal spaghetti and part of KG's fries. When we got back to the room we unloaded our bags and packed them in a suitcase. We then got Flower to bed and asleep by 9:30 pm. We started a movie and then decided to take advantage of the big tub. It's not really long but very deep. We were able to tangle ourselves together in such a way that we were both almost completely covered with water. Once we got out we watched With Six You get Egg Roll. It's an old film that we brought with us. I hadn't seen it in years, probably not since I lived at my parents. I remember sitting around with mom on a Saturday watching old movies like that one and the original Yours, Mine, and Ours. Those are good memories. I can hardly wait to make those memories with Flower. We both fell asleep before the movie was over.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out