Monday, September 28, 2009

Girls first midnight trip to Merritt's for Scones!

After leaving our visit with the Morley's and the new babies we decided to hit up Merritt's. I have spent many a midnight at Merritt's for scones since I was a teen. This was the girl's first time...never too early to start a tradition. I really need to take photos of the juke box, which Flower thought was pretty cool, and the huge yummy scones. Next time. I prefer the powder sugar variety while KG leans towards the cinnamon sugar.
Flower took this one.
Flower colored this picture to enter into the monthly contest ;)
Upon our exit as we were getting the kids in the car, KG set our leftovers, which were intended to be after church goodies, on top of the car. Yep. We drove off and he didn't discover that he'd left them up there until we were almost home. He's apparently competing with me for dumb move of the day.
I forgot to mention what some of my dumb moves are.
I backed into a pole that I've been parking next to for over a year. I don't know why it decided to move. Pretty rude. And costly.
The next thing I did was put a 5 pound bag of flour down the drain. Yep. I kept telling myself it was not going to be a good idea but for whatever reason I did it anyway. The only explanation I have is that my brain fell out somewhere. As soon as I did it I immediately started taking it back out. It was not an easy project. I scratched up my hands digging it out of the disposal. But too much had gone down so the disposal wouldn't work. Thankfully KG took it all apart and saved my booty.
There are other dumb moves but we'll leave it at that.

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

Some of the things you guys do is so creative and fun! I just love it!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out