Monday, June 22, 2009

Wrap it up!

Here is my week wrapped up in a pretty little package.

Monday and Tuesday I worked long days at work. That is usual for Monday, Tuesday was so that I could have Wednesday off.
Wednesday the girls and I were out the door by 9:30! Not an easy task for us.
First we went to my doc to get materials for a spit test.
They are testing my adrenal and pituitary glands. It has been an impossible task keeping my thyroid level and they are baffled so they are testing other things. Although I don't 'want' anything to be wrong...it would kind of be nice if there was so we have an explanation for things. I was a little shocked at what the spit test required. I had to chew on a piece of hard, salty cotton the size of a tampon! Blech. Two nights in a row. That was big fun.
From there we went to Jim's Coffee for breakfast. We went to see Joni. Kris and Matt also met us there which made it more fun.

After that we went to Kris' house to see the progress on stripping the wallpaper. It already looks so different! I can hardly wait to see all the new paint. It will be a whole new house! We also played in the backyard. A couple of years ago Flower and I spent a lot of time back there and I miss it. It was really fun.
She has never sat up like this before! I love it. I guess I should have included sitting up in her 7 month update.
She just sat and watched Flower on the swing.


We also went home with fresh lettuce and bazil from her garden. We had a big salad for dinner and it was delicious!
We left there to deliver my 'orange package'.
Finally after going home for naps we all went to Flower's karate. Because of work I have never been able to go. I really enjoyed it. She is really good!


Thursday started a 4 day weekend for KG. Yay! While I was at work KG took the kids to the park for a play date with Shannon, Jane and Oliver. Flower had a blast with Jane. That evening we went to my parents to celebrate Father's Day along with the birthdays of Amanda, Sandee and Kas. We also played a game of Picturika. Flower and Kas spent the night there as well and they had lots of fun, also spending all day there on Friday.

Friday morning KG went to a kick boxing class at 6:00 am that kicked his trash! Later I went back to the doc to turn in the spit samples and get blood drawn. That evening we went out with John and Lisa. It's been so long since we went out with just the two of them and without children that I can't even remember when it was. It was so fun. We went to a new restaurant, Ono. It's VERY good! Delicious. After that we came back to our house and played Killer Bunnies. It's been too long with that game and we love it. We also played Kooki Kalookie Rummy. It was a really nice evening.

Saturday afternoon KG helped someone in the ward move. The girls and I went to the clubhouse to help Sandee with Kas' friend party. When KG returned home the girls and I took him out for Father's Day dinner. We went to Asiago's. I forgot how much we love their cheese! Flower was licking it out of the bowl. The waiter was cracking up. Awesome meal. After that we went over to Record Exchange to do River's 7 month photo shoot. I was pleased with how they turned out, especially with all the commotion around us. When we got home I made a lemon cake for the next day. I have been on a quest to find my favorite.
I decided to add a layer of fresh raspberries in the middle.
And some on top. I couldn't wait to eat it!

Sunday...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY. We woke up and made KG his requested omelet with olives, mushrooms and cheese. We also gave him toast with homemade strawberry jam and served him in bed. Church was very nice. All the men were served homemade pie. I may or may not have snuck a piece of deliscious lemon cheesecake that was delicious. Flower also escaped with a yummy chocolate pie. That evening we went to KG's grandparents to celebrate with the family. We also celebrated Uncle Steven's birthday. I think I may have found my favorite in that lemon cake! It was so good. I think the fruit made all the difference. We enjoyed the BBQ and lots of laughs.

That brings us to today, Monday. KG is still paying for his kick boxing in the form of back pain. I work a long day and he'll be heading to the chiropractor.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out