Sunday, September 16, 2007

Belated Birthday brag.

KG gave me a stereo and speakers for my birthday. We went to Best Buy and picked them out as we were heading out of town for Labor Day weekend. We intended to put it in as we had time. I have put new stereos and speakers in two of the cars I owned but that was more then 9 years ago. KG had never done this before. He ended up doing it all.
For one thing there was just not room for two of us under the dash board of the bus. For another, our minds work different and therefore, when you're trying to figure out wires and a number of other things, you're likely to just screw each other up. He got frustrated several times but in the end, he got that sucker all hooked up and I now have tunes! Seeing how hard he worked to get it done for me makes me appreciate it that much more too. He also knows how much tunes mean to me. It has been a source of stress relief ever since high school. Back when things were so rough and dramatic, I would skip school and just drive all day! I would crank the radio and sing/scream at the top of my lungs and cry. It always made me feel so much better. I only do that when I'm in the car alone so now that I have a little side kick, it's less frequent. It's just amazing how much of a difference a good song makes after a stressful meeting or a PMS kind of day! Thanks KG for all your hard work. I love it!
Here are the two back speakers, which I did assemble into the boxes.

Here is one of the front speakers and the stereo, which is hard to see.

1 comment:

sara :) said...

I totally need to come see your bus! The last time I had someone who wasn't a professional install a stereo into my car the dashboard lights stopped working. My mom was not pleased....

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out