Thursday, September 6, 2007

Labor day weekend kicked ass...Day 1

Yes that's right. It was awesome. We left on Friday for Baker City, Oregon. We made a stop at a Baker City Chinese History site in search of a letter box. It was really cool to read about it and start our trip off this way.


I had so much fun taking photos of Flower!

When we arrived at our camp site, we set up the bus and then KG got to work putting in my new stereo. There will be a separate post on that so I won't elaborate now. We were excited that our camp site was right nex tot the play ground.

Flower took a super good spill off the top of a slide. She had gone down several times just fine. Then all of a sudden she gets up there and decides she doesn't want to go down and turns around, with her back now to the slide, and started to climb down. I yelled over to her not to climb down and to go down the slide. It was too late and she toppled, hitting her head on the ladder on the way down before landing on her face. Of course I had been recording her shortly before but missed that! Bummer.

She had a good scratch on her face with a good size goose egg on her head. Thankfully that didn't prevent her from continuing to the slide the rest of the weekend.
Two of our greatest sets of friends met us at the camp site a bit later. As they were getting set up, I realized how nice it was not to have to set up a tent! :) I did a lot of relaxing and reading.

That night we were playing games while the kids slept and Flower fell off her bed. Yep, the top of the bus. Yikes. She had a rough weekend with that noggin of hers.



No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out