Friday, September 14, 2007

boodylicious

I had the honor of taking my niece Lauren to her first concert! :)
When I found out Beyonce was coming I thought it would be a fun show but knew KG wouldn't go with me. My niece turned 12 in July so I thought I'd give it a shot and ask my brother and sister if she could go. The worst they could say was no, right? I was shocked when they said yes right away without any hesitation. She was thrilled and so was I! So the concert was Monday night. We picked her up from my brother's work at 6:30 and then headed for the Taco Bell Arena (I still think that is the lamest name by the way!). When I purchased the tickets online earlier in the week, I didn't have my credit card so I used KG's, not knowing that meant that he would have to be the one to pick up the tickets so he could show his I.D. He must really love me! We forgot about it all week so he had to take us that night. He stood in the will-call line all by himself while I stayed with Flower in the bus. He was totally humiliated to be standing there and this comment summed it up perfectly, "I feel like the pervert that stands outside of the middle school!". :) The line was moving so slow. I really did feel bad for him. He finally rounded the corner with our tickets and was disgusted that they never even asked him for his I.D. which meant that I could have picked them up just fine. Oh well. At 7:40 we finally had the tickets in hand and headed for the doors. We were excited to find out that our tickets were being upgraded and we were sent to another door. The new seats were great but we happened to glance over at our favorite area in the stadium to see two empty seats so we took them! We had great seats and it was really fun! It was a really great show although I didn't care for the slow stuff as much. She has an all female band and they rocked! During her wardrobe changes between each song, one of the band members would play to highlight their instrument and talent. Towards the end of their song, the rest of the members would join in and that would usually lead into the next song that Beyonce would do. Our favorite by far was the drum highlights. They were excellent! We also both agreed that the men dancers were our favorite! Ooh la la! There isn't anyone I would've rather gone with. Lauren also spent the night which was special for her since it was a school night. We made a run to Albertson's to pick out some fun cereal for breakfast. Lauren insisted on scanning the stuff at the Self Checkout. That was fun. She kept going too fast and then forgetting to scan stuff at all so the bags weighed more then they should so the guy had to come reset it two or three times. She'd still try to run stuff AS HE'S STANDING THERE trying to reset it! It was funny though. Imagine my embarrassment with this next story. After taking way too long to run our groceries through, I waved the guy over and said, "So I have a funny story. I forgot all forms of payment!" (smiling sheepishly) He had to cancel the order! Uggh. He set the stuff aside and we ran home to get the money and came back. Then HE ran it through a regular register and we were soon on our way. He had a good laugh and so did we. I had a really good time with her and she was very appreciative! I did have to be up at the ass crack of done to get her home in the morning. She had some homework to finish for first period and also had to have time to get her Volleyball stuff together. We woke at 5:30, left at 6:00 and had her home by 6:17 am! Thanks for going with me Lauren! :)

2 comments:

A-me said...

Lucky! ;)

KG's comments crack me up.

Jen said...

How fun! Looks like a steamy concert. Can I come next time?

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out