Thursday, September 6, 2007

Labor Day weekend kicked ass...Day 2

Saturday we drove to McEwen and then road the train to Sumpter.




Flower loved it! We all had a great time on the 45 minute ride.
Once in Sumpter we walked around, enjoyed a Flea Market and fair type booths throughout the small town. John and I found a lovely woman selling the most amazing cotton candy. Being the ass kisser that he is, he totally scored with the biggest bag I've ever seen!


After a few hours we were beat and went back to the station to wait for the last train back.


The train finally arrived and we were all aboard.

Of course this was a great photo opp.

It was hard to stay awake on the 30 minute ride back!

What a fun day. When we got back to camp Flower and Isaac played in the bus and we just lounged around. It was at this point that I was playing with her, lifting her from the top bunk to the bed below. She sort of leaned back and I couldn't hold her and she fell backwards, smacking her head on the table top. She actually broke the corner! That gave her a second goose egg.

Then they hit the playground with the other kids.

We were all so tired from the days events that we were all asleep by 10. Unheard of! My neck was so sunburned and I was having nightmares so unfortunately I didn't sleep well.

3 comments:

Jana said...

These are THE greatest photos!! What an adventure and what a cool family.

jana

sara :) said...

Wow, you got some great pictures! Sounds like you had a great time, too. All we did for Labor Day was sit around complaining about the heat! Your adventure sounds much more fun! :)

ang :o) said...

Thanks Jana ans Sara. I was happy with how the photos turned out. We has so much fun. Camping is our favorite getaway, that's for sure!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out