Thursday, May 17, 2007

PMDD

I had my follow up appointment with Dr. Loveland. Just as we'd suspected, I was diagnosed with PMDD. It's so nice to have some answers instead of just feeling like a psycho! It started two years ago and would last about 2 to 3 days a month and was mild. Then about a year ago is started lasting for about a week and a few more things occurred. Then last October it last even longer with a few more systems until finally February-April were pretty much constant hell. It was more my own personal hell since I tend to deal with stuff interpersonally with the occasional outburst to KG. I tended to suppress things all day and then when I was alone at night in bed I'd just cry but I didn't know what I was crying about. Having Flower helped me realize how bad I was though. I didn't like that I felt like I was being mean to her or couldn't laugh with her and KG even though I wanted to. All I knew is that I didn't feel like me inside. I have noticed such a huge difference this last month with the medication! Wow! I haven't cried for a month. I haven't gotten frustrated with Flower once. I've been laughing again! I really enjoy every minute of my days more! I don't feel like I'm having irrational responses to the silliest little things anymore either. I had a great conversation with my mom on the way to Idaho Falls last weekend when I shared all of this with her. It was like a light bulb went off for her like I was describing her life at me age. She had some real struggles and we came to realize that she likely had the same thing but she never spoke up. I can't believe the similarities between our bodies and makes me feel better to know that she knows what I'm feeling and going through! It's nice to have answers but I'm not loving the hot flashes so much, let me tell ya!
P.S.-thanks to a fellow blogger for bringing PMDD to my attention.

1 comment:

sara :) said...

I'm so glad you were able to find some answers. It makes a lot of difference to know what you're working with.

It was fun to see you guys tonight! Thanks for dinner-I had a great time! :)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out