Saturday, July 21, 2007

Excellent Customer Service...

...is hard to find these days! Well I found it yesterday. I have a Mac Powerbook and the cord has sucked from the beginning. The first cord was constantly just falling out, therefore the battery was never fully charged. KG went to the MacLife Store on Overland and they hooked him up with a new, supposedly better cord, but only after forking over $80! I guess we shouldn't complain since we didn't have to pay for the computer! The cord wasn't the Mac brand because they said those ones were having issues with sparking. When we brought it home it appeared to solve the problem, until now. It was less then six months ago that he bought it and it too is falling out. Then a few night ago it started sparking! I unplugged it and just let the battery die to avoid damage to my computer. KG had me go in there yesterday but I didn't have a receipt. I was so please when I walked in the store to see a lady standing right there, apparently just waiting for me to come and anxious to help! And they were so busy! Then she couldn't find KG's name in the computer and asked if I was sure he bought it there. Then a manager, who's helping someone else, walks up and sees my cord and says, "go grab her a new one, this is the only place you can get those and just recently lots of people have been having the same issue so the manufacturer was constantly working to improve them. We are so sorry for your inconvenience!" He told her to take the new cord out of the packaging and put my defective cord in there and write defective on the box and we were done! I walked out of there, 5 minutes later, with a brand new cord, and very please with everyone I encountered. They very easily could have turned me away since I didn't have a receipt. But they didn't. Their motto says it all: The Joy is in the Journey. Had I not had my sweet little sidekick next to me I would have browsed a bit because I liked the look of their store and I'll be frequenting it more often for my computer needs. A+ Maclife! Thanks.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out