Tuesday, July 31, 2007

My own personal road trip

KG dropped me at the airport at 6:00 am, after only 3 hours of sleep. I was chosen for an extra 'pat down'. The lady that performed this task was really nice and since we were having a good conversation I decided to ask her why I was chosen. She said because I had purchased a one way ticket, that automatically makes me suspect. I suppose I can understand that. I boarded my plane and was in Salt Lake before I new it. I had an hour layover. I then boarded my plane for Eugene, Oregon and landed, without incident at 9:45 am. I walked outside the airport in search of my ride and there she was, in my new car! :) I was so excited! She drove us to the bank so I could withdraw the cash and then we drove to her house so we could perform a thorough check on this beauty, just to make sure I still wanted it. I did! The thing purred! It was in such great condition with just a few cosmetic improvements needed. We signed all the necessary paperwork and she gave me a folder of all the cars documentation for the last 7 years, plus some from the original owner. We are the third owner. The first owner bought it from a dealer in 1976. The gal that I was buying it from had it bought it from them 7 years ago. We have some awesome original paperwork! We then drove to her mechanic to replace a couple screws that were missing from the sliding door handle and then I was on my way...in my dream car! I have wanted a VW bus for at least 11 years when I test drove one right after high school. I remember wanting one even before that. Unfortunately my conservative father talked me out of it and I've regretted it ever since. Well now I have it! I called KG and told him how in love I was with it and started my road trip home.


Yes, I was being a complete hazard to all others on the road and taking photos while I was driving! But since I was by myself and love photos, someone had to document it! :)

To be continued...

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out