Monday, October 20, 2008

Chet

Chet is a cute little old man who worked in the booth that was in the parking lot across the street from the Idanha. He was there the entire time I worked there. I talked to him almost everyday. He was let go a month before I left Parklane. He just couldn't get around like he needed to and was too nice, not giving enough parking tickets. I was sad. I was floored when I saw him standing on a corner by Walmart with a homeless sign. It broke my heart. I wasn't in a position that I could even pull over to talk to him nor did I have anything I could give him. The next time I went to Walmart he was gone. I was surprised to see him today when I was leaving a completely different parking lot. I pulled over and talked with him for a bit and he just hasn't been able to get a job. :( I gave him the money I had on me and then ran up to Taco Time and got him some tacos. You just never expect to recognize anyone holding those signs. I wish I could do more for him.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
I heard some news this morning about one of my camp girls that was like getting punched in the gut. You just never expect to know someone in a news article about certain things. Man I feel for their family and wish there was something I could do. Flowers were sent right away. And that will have to do for now. I've been a regular customer of the floral shop the last two weeks. People around me have really been going through some traumatic stuff lately! I hope they all know how much I love them!
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Today has been a busy day. I am opening the office for the next few days because Lynnette is out of town. I was kept busy right up until noon and then ran errands for work. I took Flower with me on the errands and she was a delight. I also went by the camera shop. Happy happy joy joy that it was a hair on the sensor. They cleaned it for me and I'm good to do. I was worried because I'm supposed to be taking some family portraits tonight. Now it's all fixed.
Now to see what I can do with Jenna's pictures.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
KG has been working on my Halloween costume the last couple of days. It's so awesome. He is the bomb! :)
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.
Blogger is still being lame so no posts that require photos yet.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out