Thursday, October 9, 2008

Little Tidbits from the week.

Wednesday was a busy one around these parts. We had a funeral to go to by 10:15. That's early for us. KG had Tuesday and Wednesday off so that meant he got to go as well and we got to hang out with him and do fun daytime things. For some reason we were all up and ready by 9:15. UNHEARDOF! I even got creative with Flower's hair!
Here is another hairdo I tried on Miss Thing. I like it.
I did two german braids on each side, just on the top of her head and then pulled up the remaining hair into two messy buns.
Her hair is thin up top and fine so it's hard to see the braids.





Kris was apparently pretty excited to get her bed skirt because she just had to come over that morning to get it. ;) She came about 9:30. We're sure glad she did because she brought us a fun surprise! Sometimes it's the little things like this that make my day.
She gave us this nifty white apron to have some fun with.
The funeral was really nice. I have always loved the voice of Rosemary's, his wife, and could listen to her for hours. It is very soft and gentle. I think she sounds like a General Relief Society president. Sara said it best however, leaning over and whispering, "I think I have a cavity after listening to her sugary sweetness." :) It was nice to have a mini reunion with some old young women leaders, people from the neighborhood and parents of my friends in the ward that I have always admired and respected. It was so uplifting and I loved how many warm, genuine hugs I received that day.

After the funeral we went out to lunch with Sara and her two kids. I am kind of getting scared because Sara is always talking about Madeline being the devil in disguise. Well, the last couple of times we've had Madeline and Flower together, she is cute as a button and Flower completely out misbehaves her. Plus you'd think she was starved at home because the minute we sat in our row at the funeral, she was begging Sara for food! We had a good time and Flower can hardly wait to party with Madeline this weekend.

We left quickly because I had to rush to a doctor appointment. It was originally scheduled for 3. That morning they canceled it and then called and said that if I could come at 2:15 they could get me in. What? It was all rather annoying. Anyway, I made it and it went well. As soon as I got back from that I went to work. Straight from work we met the Goodsell's at the craft store to get all the fabric we needed for our Halloween costumes. We then went to their house and watched KG make them and Lisa cut out all the letters. John and I are typically useless in these situations. :) He and I left with Mule to go to TCBY and get a treat for everyone. Have I ever mentioned how fun it is to go in public with John? He is so embarrassing and I love it. Later John, Lisa, Mule and I played a game of Rage. I had never played before and I kicked their trash! I believe the score was something like John-5, Lisa-8, Mule-can't remember and me-55! Ah yeah brotha! I rock. I love winning! We got home way to late considering we all had to be up by 8:00 am this morning. Blech.

This morning we all got up together, late mind you at 8:22 and we had to leave for preschool at 8:40. We actually walked out of here on time and were all ready with no running around and no stress. Amazing. KG and I then went to the clubhouse so I could work out. Yep, so far I'm stickin' to it! I'm very happy about that. He then dropped me off at St. Al's to get some blood draws. He ran to blockbuster and Blimpie and then joined me and I still hadn't had my blood drawn. We ate Blimpie in the waiting room. :) After that we went to Reggie's Veggies and bought some veggies for my meat loaf and yummy peaches. We also picked up our favorite pie that we haven't had in years! Huckleberry Peach made by Deli and Decanter. It's total heaven. And I don't like pie. But this one I do. And we needed it like we needed a hole in the head but whatever!

Tonight Flower and I had some fun. Remember the apron?
I took some fabric that I've been wanting to use and covered the existing pocket. And then I added three of the designs from the fabric to the bottom. I love how it turned out!
I think it's pretty. I can hardly wait to bake something just so I can use it! :) And mess it up.
Does she not look adorable?! She made me all kinds of pretend food in her kitchen. She has been obsessed with aprons lately! I really need to make her one...which explains the one from Kris. She usually brings me a sweater and has me tie it around her waist for an apron. If a sweater or shirt aren't available she resorts to pants. Anything to have an apron! She is delighted with this one and it's pink! I think I'll make her one out of the same fabric so we match.
And this my friends is a wonderful little toy.
Get your minds out of the gutter! It's not that kind of toy. Well I guess it could be but not this time. KG gave me this for Christmas. It plugs into the USB port in the computer and vibrates. When you've been sitting at the computer for too long and have that kink in your neck, rather then get your ass up of course, you just plug this in and it feels oh so good. I use it on my lower back too. I just love it!
And that's enough for now.
I'm signing out.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

way cute apron. i love it. flower is adorable as always. i'm glad that you are having a better week. and if you start not have a good week and feeling blue and depressed just play the 'glad game' like off of pollyanna. always seem to help me.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out