Monday, October 27, 2008

Our Halloween Party!

Continuing on with Saturday...We were thankful for KG's dad stopping by with a ladder to help us with the tall decorations. Everything was coming together. After the hour break we went right back and started cooking all the food and getting the table all set up. I was very happy my sister stayed around to help us and run some errands for us! Huge help! It looked pretty awesome.
Flower loved getting inside the cauldron.
This has always been my favorite decoration, all lit up, moving up and down and moaning all night long. That sounds a little dirty. ;)
Spencer and Kas were our first costumed guests.
Cute little Goodsell boys...The primary colors are 1, 2, 3...red, yellow, and blue...
The Bahr's. Eric's hockey costume came in a close second to my favorite male costume. Love the mangled glasses.
The Jensen's.
Definitely the cutest people at the party but who are these cool cats?!
The Madison's.

The Cousineau's. Sara has my vote for best female costume. Mostly because she rocked that lunch lady look like nobodies biz-nass! Loved it!
The Johnson's. Sandee was static cling thanks to me and I thought it was cute.

I can't believe I didn't get better photos of the food table. Really. It was pretty sweet. And we spent so much time making amazing scary food. And decorating the table really cool. Bummer.
KG made these and they looked so cool.
The Meecham's. I always have so much fun with Jen and we were teasing her son all night about being McDreamy or McSteamy and he was so embarrased. :)
Jerry and Kris. I think this might be my favorite photo of the night. Look at that beautiful smile on Kris and then with the wig and all! Work it girl! She knows she's hot with her hippie hubby. I just love it!
Conrad and Ruth.
Therese and Jeremy.
Therese and Katie.
Jenna and Casey. He won my vote for favorite male costume. Seriously. This costume was so creative with working lights and all. And the little kids swooned around him. Kick ass.
Jerry and Conrad. :) This photo immediately went into our church bulletin on Sunday advertising the upcoming party. They are the first counselor and bishop after all. :)
KG's 'rents. (They went dressed as my parents...who are HUGE BSU fans. I love it!)
My 'rents.

Miss Kristine is so photogenic...just like her daughter!
KG is a total rock star. He made ALL of our costumes. He's so crafty.
We were sadly missing our brown crayon, Mule and our box, John.

The kids flocked around Mr. Robot and all his badassedness!
The Klein's. Val looked beautiful and I loved Scot's tired eyes doctor look.
Uncle Steven.
Flower had so much fun playing with her princess friends, Madison and Ellektra. We are missing miss Madeline in this photo!

Jenna is just adorable. Look at her pretty skin! So Photogenic! Her big bad wolf costume was great.


Athena, Steve and Sam.
Ryan, Amanda and Lorelai. I thought the Shaggy and Velma were great.

Mitch and Kristi. They fit the part of popeye and olive oil so well!

KG bought cowboy hats, guns and other various odds and ends to give to people who didn't show up with a costume. I was so impressed that EVERYONE came in costume. That meant lots of toys for the kids to play with and boy did they!
Nice place to prop your gun while you adjust your hat. Yikes.

It was so cute to watch Madison and Flower dance. :)
Thank you so much to all that came! Each and every one of you made the party better by being there and we appreciate you supporting us. It was a lot of work!
We were up till 11:30 taking everything down and were sooo tired. We went home with very soar feet. And now two days later my ankles are still killing me. Probably from being on my feet all day. When I got out of bed this morning and yesterday I could barely walk. Pathetic and annoying! We're still trying to decide if it was worth the work but it was fun and we enjoyed seeing everyone! Friday night was the start of 10 days off in a row for KG and I am thrilled! Happy times for me. :)

3 comments:

A-me said...

LOVE your costume! Wish we could have made it!!

Amanda said...

Thanks Angee! That was a lot of fun! We are already trying to think of ideas of costumes for next year! :)

sara :) said...

Thanks so much for inviting us--we had a great time!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out