Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Flower's first field trip.

Last Thursday, the 16th, Flower had her first field trip. KG and I were both able to go which was so fun. We went to the Pumpkin Patch.
Such tired eyes.


First things first...go into the field and pick out a pumpkin.



Flower picked a very pretty one. I can't believe how shiny it is!
All the kids were so grumpy! One girl had to go sit in the car with mom for the first 1/4 of the time for an attitude adjustment. :) Two or three other kids were being very clingy to their moms and only wanted to be carried. Flower was no exception. Look at those tears. She was not wanting her picture taken prior to this which is unusual for her. She doesn't like being in fields and dirt so I think that set her off right away.



We got to go through a corn maze.


Her whole class. The girl on the left and boy next to Flower were the only happy campers. :)


There was beautiful corn all over the place.
Aww. I love this photo of them.

By now she was finally 'getting her happy on'. The other kids started to cheer up too.





We got to take a hay ride around the farm. They have a little area with zoo animals such as a zebra, camel, lama and ostrich.



I adore the bright red barn and the scenery that goes along with it.
I think the tree all by itself is so enchanting. I want to go sit under it with a nice book. And a pillow. And a blanket.
They had snacks of popcorn and Koolaid at the end and then we bailed.
We went to lunch at a place called Dickie's BBQ. It was soooo good!
After that I was hoping to drop KG and Flower off and go catch the tail end of a brunch I was invited to in celebration of some birthdays. I wanted to drop off some cards but didn't make it. Oh well maybe next time. :)
That's when I remembered that in just a couple short hours I was supposed to take soup to the Ronald McDonald House. I rushed to the store and bought what I needed. Flower came with me to drop off the soup and we had a great time with the ladies working there. It was fun to take her with me.
Earlier in the week I was so excited to take Jenna and Casey to see one of our apartments and they loved it! It's so fun to be a part of them getting their first place together. Kris came in with them the next day to pay their deposit and turn in their applications. They were approved! I'm so happy for them. It was fun and a nice break to have them in the office.
Last week was a good week.

2 comments:

MKB said...

Love the pics but who is that crazy guy with your daughter...you should probably get your hubby to beat him up.

Jenn said...

What great pictures! You've given me lots of ideas for photo ideas (we take our field trip on Friday) - I just hope I get a chance to get a few good ones!
Flower is such a beautiful girl - I really enjoy looking at the photos you take of her!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out