Sunday, January 4, 2009

All night game playin' and weekend fun.

Friday the 2nd to Saturday the 3rd was our annual overnight game night for adults only(except River of course.) :)
Everyone's kids were pawned off to various family members for the night so we could enjoy lots of games without having to stop every 5 minutes to take care of them. Selfish I know. :) We had a good turn out and were surprised at how many actually stayed till morning. We were really happy that Justin was in town and graced us with his presence. He kept us all laughing.





Miss River was sound asleep as we rolled past midnight into Saturday morning.
The following photos were all taken towards the end of the party on Saturday morning approaching 6:00 am. I'm glad KG picked up the camera!


Eric was the only one to fall asleep...snuggled with River. He made it to 4:30 am. Not bad.
The flash woke him up and then he did his normal attempt to evade the camera.
You will never win Eric!
Everyone except Goodsell's, Barh's and us left about 5:00 am. At 5:30 we cleaned everything and loaded up and left at 6:00. That's when Chef's Hut opened up. We went and enjoyed a yummy breakfast before going home and crashing for the day! We were fast asleep by 7:00 am and slept till about 1:00 pm. I then took a long hot bath. Flower stayed the night with the grandparents while Adam spent the night with Spencer so KG and I as well as Justin could game all night.We met KG them, Justin and Adam at Texas Roadhouse for dinner at 4:00 pm. They all came over after that. KG, Dad and Justin went to a movie at 7:30 while Mom, Flower, Adam, River and I watched August Rush until they returned. It was nice to spend a little bit of time with family and especially getting more time with Justin and Adam before they left this morning for home in Arizona.
This morning me and the girls skipped out on church. We didn't even wake up till after it started! This new time of 9:30 am is going to be soooo hard for us. KG had to be there for a 9:10 meeting with a Stake member. Uh oh. :) He was called to be the second counselor in the Elders Quorum presidency. I'm sure that will help me get to church since it's probably important that he be there. Or he'll be going alone a lot. ;) It's going to be hard on him with his work schedule but we will all manage. I just really need my sleep to be happy and function and waking up with a baby makes it harder to get up early. I'll miss the 11:30 church time immensely. I loved waking up and chilling with Flower for an hour, eating breakfast and playing before we even had to start getting ready. We were always ready without rushing. Always getting to church on time. Feeling calm because we weren't rushing.
Oh well, time to embrace 9:30 because it's here to stay for the WHOLE year.
I hope you had a great weekend. We did and for various reasons, I'm getting extremely sad that it's over. :(

3 comments:

A-me said...

Looks like a fun night!

August Rush was one of my all time favorite movie!!

sara :) said...

I'm glad I got to come for the little while I could. I had a great time. Count me in for next year!

Lori Lou said...

I wish I was there to stay up all night with you. You'll have to give me warning next year an maybe I will head up for the weekend. Be glad you don't go to church with us at 8:30am...

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out