Friday, January 23, 2009

Gotcha Day 2nd Anniversary!

Today was such a great day!
First it started with River trying out a new toy. Flower and I went and picked it up from Mary Kate yesterday. She is being so kind to let us use it.
River like it at first. Then she got excited and straighten up kind of quick only to fall forward rather hard and face planted it, twice in a row, and the flood gates opened. She's not quite ready. :)



Today is my friend Marco's birthday! Happy birthday! I sent him a text wishing him so and he called me and we had such a nice conversation. I found out right after we left town this past weekend that they were in town. Huge bummer because we still haven't hung out with his cute wife. But the really great news is that she is pregnant! I am beyond thrilled for them. Flower talked to him for 15 minutes too and it was so sweet listening to her. :)

Although I'm always thankful for Flower and remember what an amazing time we had in China, it's nice to have a specific day to celebrate the day we became a family. Two years ago today we met for the first time. We held this scared little girl in our arms and loved her immediately.
As we were getting ready for our evening out Flower was picking out her outfit and begged to finally be able to wear her bows. She was so happy to finally where the bows she picked out at Kami's. She's been wanting to wear them since we got home but I told her they were for a special occasion, knowing she'd only have to wait a few days for that occasion. :) She was thrilled and just loves them! They are so cute on her!
We celebrated our 'family birthday' by going to Melting Pot. It was Flowers first time and so worth it. I wish we could have taken video of the whole thing. She was so excited about everything! The waitress was cracking up and just feeding her so much attention. We did all four courses and both the girls were great! Flower did have to be taken outside at one point because she was freaking out about the bugs(dark seeds) on her salmon. It was kind of funny.
When we first arrived he was jumping out of her seat to tell the waitress that she wanted a lemonade with a lemon on the glass. :)







We had a great time. I am so grateful for my little family. I am also thankful for so many family and friends who love me and dote on my kids. We are truly blessed with wonderful people in our lives!

2 comments:

Megan Davenport Cannon said...

That looks like so much fun! Love that pic of River in her stroller looking so chill

Gorge Us Family said...

Congrats on your anniversary! That is awesome. Truxton just got an exesaucer too. He is checking it out as we speak.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out