Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dinner Group

We met up with our old student ward group last night for our bi-monthly dinner. They hadn't met River yet. We always meet at Pier 49 Pizza when it's just going to be a dinner meeting. We had a good time and enjoyed the company. There was some good news and some sad. One is pregnant with her second. New life is always exciting. Sadly, one is getting divorced. It breaks my heart. They have only been married 4 1/2 years. I don't know the specifics and it doesn't matter. From my end I saw one trying to save the marriage and willing to forgive while the other just gave up. All this after painful years of infertility with no happy ending. I hope she can find joy because there was no life in her eyes last night. I hate seeing my friends sad and we hope she knows how much we love her.

As an aside, I was thrilled to see my cousin Barry. KG went to the car to get the diaper bag and saw Barry going into the restaurant next door so he summonsed him over. It's totally pathetic but we haven't seen him since before we adopted Flower. He's never met either of the kids. It was about time. I miss him. He helped me understand my dad more when I was a teen. He's actually my dad's cousin and good friend therefore he's my dad's age and his wise words and understanding gave me needed perspective at the time. We have always been fairly close but life happens. Anyhow it made my night to get a good, tight hug from him.

I also did something last night that I am very proud of. :)

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out