Sunday, January 11, 2009

Dinners out with friends and other nonsense

***On Monday after work I popped us some caramel corn, shoved it in the diaper bag and we smuggled it into the movies. We went to Bedtime Stories. We haven't been to the theater since Mamma Mia last summer. Flower wasn't liking the volume so much. :) She kept asking why it was so loud. It was a cute show but not my favorite.
***Flower went back to preschool this week. She was thrilled. Every night throughout the break she would pray for preschool. She really missed it.
***Her new gymnastics day is now on Wednesday's instead of Monday's. She has a whole new class. Should be fun to see how she gels with the kids.
***Got a call from my Endocrinologist about my lab work a couple of weeks ago. It was a 6 weeks check up to the upped dosage. Still not enough. I'm also still too low on Vitamin D so she doubled as well. Fun. More labs in 5 weeks and check up in 6. Can't wait.
***On Thursday night as I was diligently slaving in front of the computer doing my bulletin for church, the Klein's called and invited us to dinner. We promptly piled in the car and met them at Chili's 15 minutes later. It was a nice distraction and very fun! The kids had a great time together too. We all shared our favorite dessert as well...
***My sister and Kas stopped by to see us on Friday night. We watched a funny Oprah that I've had saved to show her since last January! A gal we new growing up was on. Wow. It's hilarious. She pretty much makes a fool of herself.
***Saturday night my sister and I took her best friend out for her birthday. Happy Birthday Jen. We went to the Melting Pot. The three of us shared the full meal for two which is three courses being salads, cheese fondue, and meat. We ordered an extra salad so we could each have our own and then we also had dessert and left stuffed! It's all so good but of course the dessert is the best part!
Nothing more really needs to be said except Yum!
To add insult to injury of an expensive place(but totally worth it), we forgot to feed the parking cash box...$25 ticket dammit! So ridiculous. I even had the five bucks in my pocket but put it back to get Rivs out of the car and forgot about it. Plus Bruce and Laurie Dunkley were getting in their car after just eating there and wanted to see River so they distracted us. It's just lame.
The original plan for the night was for KG and Flower to have a little date night while I was gone. Well that morning we got a call from his work saying he had to work a different shift, 7:30 pm to 4:00 am due to a planned power outage during his regular shift. Bummer. Instead, she went and played at the Klein's. She had a ball and even came home with a cute pair of princess heels.
***Turns out abandoning my bulletin duty on Thursday night was a mistake because I forgot about it, as I usually do if I don't get it done on Thursdays. I remembered late last night after the Melting Pot! I quickly got the kids to bed, something like 11:00, and got to work, only to have the printer stop working half way through. I finally gave up at 2:15 am.
KG was so nice to take care of it for me. When he got off work at 4:00 am, he picked them up and took them to Kinkos to finish them and then dropped them off at Sturg's door at 5:00 am. Waking them up from what I understand. Good morning! Rise and shine suckas! He he. :)
***Didn't go to church again today. I was just realizing I've only gone two or possibly three times since Riv was born in November. Probably not good. But have no fear I still know the church is true. :) Right after she was born I was just wanting to be alone with her. Then the past two were partly due to the new early time and lack of sleep being up in the night with River. However, today I realized the last time I went was a day I left feeling less then stellar and I think my subconscious has made me not motivated to go. Details are too personal at this point but I guess I should work on that. It just seems impossible.
***River is developing into a momma's girl and I can't say I mind. It does my heart good. I try and deny when KG brings it up but she really does give me more smiles and loves to cuddle with me. I think it's more my voice but he disagrees. And she has different ways she likes to cuddle with us both. But whatever. She is getting to be good and chubby which we love. She is now 7 weeks. I should mention that she loves to stand. That started at 5 weeks. She'd stand all day if we let her. Silly girl.
***Tonight the girls and I are going to my brothers to celebrate the birthdays of my sister Alyse and niece Torta, while KG goes to an Elders Quorum presidency meeting. Big fun.

Hope your weekend was everything you wanted it to be.

1 comment:

Audie said...

Hey! I've missed you! Hope all is well!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out