Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Advent calendars and lollipop trees

This Christmas tree is one of my favorite memories growing up. I loved it and I was lucky enough to score it when my parents didn't want it anymore. I believe my mom made it. I had so much fun filling it up with Candy Canes with Flower's help! Let the countdown begin!
I also somehow scored this lollipop Christmas tree from my parents. I have had these two items since they moved out of my childhood home about 9 years ago. My sister just found out today and asked why I got them both! I'm pretty sure I was the only one that wanted them at the time but sometimes it takes having kids to realize how special these things are. I have always had an attachment to inanimate objects! I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles! Actually I probably beat them up for it! :) Flower is certainly loving it! Suckers are her favorite candy right now.



I also bought some holiday window clings and let Flower help me hang them. She also chose which windows they'd adorn. Pretty festive! I must say it's a bit creepy going to the bathroom
with Baby Jesus staring you in the face but that's where she wanted the Nativity one.

The Santa's are in the living room, the Nativity scene is in one bathroom, the snowmen are in the other bathroom and the snow flakes are in her bedroom. I am loving the decorating that goes along with this season! :)

1 comment:

sara :) said...

I have scrounged many a decoration from my parents. Most of my siblings do not get attached to anything so it makes it easier for me!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out