Friday, November 9, 2007

A day with Flower

Unfortunately Flower has been a bit starved for attention from me this week. It was a rough week for various reasons from being down to having a busy work week and she not feeling well. The times I did find myself with her I definitely wouldn't have won mother of year. I decided Friday was the day to make up for it. I woke up super early and got my office work done. Once she woke up I made us cheesy scrambled eggs for brunch. She then helped me do seven loads of laundry. I haven't made time to do laundry since we were in Arizona! Yep, more then three weeks ago. Yikes. While in the laundry room she had to go potty so I took her into the ladies room in the basement there. Her nose was running so I promptly grabbed the tissue and wiped her nose. What I didn't realize was that she had let go of the toilet since I was then holding her. When I let go, she fell in. Yep, right into her pee water! Of course I busted up! There's nothing like seeing your sweet little daughter folded in half, inside the toilet bowl with her little arms and legs wiggling in an attempt to get out! Classic. And I didn't have my camera. :( I quickly pulled her out and took off her urine soaked dress. Good thing we were doing laundry just down the hall. She didn't even cry. What a trooper! We then took a shower and got all ready before we made lunch for a picnic. We made toasted tuna sandwiches and then packed up cottage cheese, peaches and applesauce. We headed off to one of our favorite places to play...the Sturgill's. I opted to take her there rather then a park because I wanted it to be completely about her. I figured at a big park she'd be distracted by other kids and having to fight over swings and such. I just wanted my focus on her and hers on me. We sneaked into the backyard about 2:00 pm. We enjoyed our lunch together on the patio. Who knew lunch could be so exciting?! Jerry happened to be home so he came out and said hello. She then had to go potty and was promptly given two chocolate chip cookies by him as soon as she was done. We were soon back outside playing on their playground. We had a blast taking turns sliding,





swinging on the regular swings on our stomachs, then our bums,


swinging on the tire swing and the disc swing.

We then took a little break to enjoy a quick Halloween candy treat before repeating all the above activities.
Here's my favorite photo of the day.
Kris was soon home and came to say hello but was gone before we knew it.

We then lied on the grass and stared at the clouds and I attempted to get her to take a nap but she wasn't having that.

So we sat on the grass and ate our applesauce. Around 4:30 I decided we should get back to reality. We packed everything up and caught up with Kris in the front yard. Before I knew it she had whisked Flower over to the neighbors to see their new fish. I ended up talking to my cousin on the phone for about 40 minutes before joining them. She was sitting on the floor in their kitchen with Kris and the triplets' mom doing puzzles. It was so sweet. We talked until 6:30, went to say good-bye to Jerry and finally left them in peace. It was such a wonderful afternoon and the best weather! I am very thankful for the use of their yard!
As if that wasn't enough fun, we went and picked up Danny and John from our apartment complex and went to Casa Mexico. John and I had been craving it for days and it was yummy! Plus Flower is so entertaining that several people commented on her which is always fun. The three of us found ourselves just sitting there staring at her for about 15 minutes after we'd already paid! She is just fascinating to watch. After such a tiring day, with so much fun and laughter, Flower and I both crashed, fully dressed, by 8:30 on my bed!
Where was KG during all of this you ask? He was at a class which ended up being a big waste of his time. The unfortunate part of the night came when he came home for a brief moment before he had to go to work. Flower woke up and just freaked. She was screaming like never before! It soon woke me up and sort of freaked me out. We have never seen this from her before! It's really a story for another day since I don't want to ruin the magic of our day.

1 comment:

A-me said...

I heart mommy daughter days! looks like you guys have an amazing day! Love all the pictures!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out