Monday, November 19, 2007

Pullman--Chicken Salad please!

Last night when we were leaving the Oldroyd's we were pulled over by a policemen. As soon as he walks up to the window Flower yells, "Chicken Salad Please!" from the back seat. I busted up. I know, it's pathetic that our child thinks just because someone is outside our window it's fast food. We'll work on that. The cop chuckled and said, "It's kind of like fast food." I think that helped our case. He claimed KG hadn't used his right turn signal although we're pretty sure he did. He asked for his license...check. Registration...check. Proof of insurance...oops, couldn't find it. He then asked if KG had been drinking and after a "no", we were given a warning to use our turn signal and sent on our way.
I discovered as we were sitting there that I'd forgotten my phone at Keri's so we turned around to go get it. Finally we are on our way to the hotel again.
We got to the same corner and see the same cop pull over someone else that had just turned. I'd be willing to bet that he used the same blinker line on them but we saw them use their blinker. So we pass the same cop and half a block away there are lights flashing behind us again. You have got to be kidding me! This time we had a headlight out! Funny thing, we played dumb and said we didn't know it was out. She then says, "Yeah it sounds like it might be flickering on and off because the officer said it was on when he pulled you over. I just wanted to make you aware and tell you to get that fixed tomorrow." Ok, so let me get this straight. That other officer was smart enough to see that we hadn't used a right turn signal but not smart enough to notice the same headlight being out? It's been out since June you dumb ass! Thanks for looking like a fool on our behalf! Getting pulled over twice in ten minutes? That has to be a record! Come on now.

1 comment:

Shannah said...

Oh my goodness Bryce is so big now! Looks like you guys had a really fun trip. I was up there last weekend and almost died driving back in the snow storm Sunday evening...hopefully you avoided that mess! All I can say is city cops...ha ha I'm sure they were bored and perked up when they saw that 1A Idaho plate. Glad you made it out of it...BOTH times!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out