Sunday, November 11, 2007

Saturday fun continued

Good Friends, Good Food, Good Fun! What more can I ask for?
Saturday afternoon my sister dropped of my niece and nephew. I quickly put them to work. I paid them each five bucks to help me clean. It was more to keep them out of my hair while I finished cleaning but they were a big help. Spencer dusted and cleaned the treadmill that KG had brought up because I had neglected to thus far. Kass went through the shoe basket we have by the door, making piles of each of our shoes and then we put them where they belong. Now it's full rather then overflowing! They had fun organizing the pillows on the sofa and folding the many blankets we have strewn about. As I finished up the living room and bathroom, KG was busy in the kitchen. In about 40 minutes we were happy with the results. We got the kids their dinner, gave them the run down on the rules as this was Spencer's first time babysitting for is and were out the door by 5:30. We met John and Lisa, Rhonda and Erik, Kristie, and Mitch and Kristie outside. After about 5 failed attempts at restaurants we finally decided on Brick Oven Bistro where I think everyone was pleased. No wait, a table big enough for 9 and plenty of laughter without disturbing those around us. We then came back to our apartment. KG and I sneaked upstairs to make an appearance at John and Danny's engagement party. It was nice to meet Danny's parents and see the nice family that John has inherited since his family disowned him. If they could have just looked past their own pride and dreams for his life, they would be so proud of who he has become 6 years later. I really enjoy my friendship with the two of them and have learned so much from each of them individually.
Anyway, back to the gang at our place. All of us are interested in Melaluca and so Mitch gave us the run down of the company and benefits. I have wanted to purchase their products for some time and love the things I have used so I am excited to switch our lives over to healthier more earth friendly products.
Chaos soon ensued with a hilarious game of Bubble Brain. Wow, that game was much harder with nine people whom we didn't know as well as we know just John and Lisa. So much laughter and so much fun. What a fun group of people. I am happy to be coming out of my funk thanks to some great doctors and different medications. That deserves it's own post as soon as I'm ready to share the whole frustrating ordeal. The only thing that matters though is happiness is returning, my anti-social bit is fading and I'm so grateful for amazing friends who don't judge me when I just don't feel like being with anyone and are always there when we're ready to have a good time! Thank you and I love you all!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out