Thursday, November 22, 2007

Our little Thanksgiving

Since November 1st (without even realizing this was Thanksgiving month) I have been keeping a 'glad' list, writing something down each day that I am thankful for. I have been trying to focus on the positive lately. I wrote things down specific to that day or moment:
KG. Flower. living downtown. Sturgill's. Nieces and Nephews. comfy sofas. helping others. treadmill. walks. converse shoes. traveling. alone time. making cookies. sunshine. family. love. creativity. friends. laughter. stability. board games. favorite tv shows.
I have so much to be thankful for and sometimes the little things are easily forgotten. Writing something down each day that brought me the slightest bit of comfort or joy helps me remember how truly blessed I am. I wish everyone a grateful Thanksgiving and hope we can all take time to remember the little things.

Today was a lovely day! Flower slept past noon! Amazing. That gave me a chance to clean up and get organized. She and I then put up all the Christmas decorations! Thanks KG for hauling those bins upstairs for us! :)

I am so thankful to have her here with us this holiday season! She has brought a completely different joy and excitement. I have always been one to get extremely excited for Christmas, it's just that much better.

She is at the perfect age for getting excited about and understanding. We had such a good time playing Christmas music and decorating! KG's stocking is on the left hanging from the 'J', my stocking is in the middle handing from the 'O' and Flower's stocking is on right handing from the 'Y'. Joy is what it's all about! I am looking so forward to getting out tree!

I can hardly wait for Christmas morning. In the after noon, once KG was awake, we walked to the theater and saw Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium. Sandee, Spencer and Kas joined us as well. Such a cute movie! I loved everything about it! I loved Maloney's piano fingers constantly in motion. I loved the mutant accountant's transformation. I loved the budding friendship between Eric and the mutant. And the sock monkey? Well, everyone needs a hug once in a while. I can hardly wait to see it again.
We are now going to enjoy our Thanksgiving meal of Red Barron Pizza and JalapeƱo Poppers while we watch Are We done Yet?, just the three of us! I love my little family!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out