Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Evidentally I missed the memo

Flower had her first gymnastics class on Tuesday! For those of you that follow, we had talked about putting her in dance. We weren't excited about the fact that the studio was in Meridian, or that it was on the one night that we have free each week, being Thursday. So we were dragging our feet. Then KG decided to go check out Wings gymnastics which is right next to his karate studio. It turns out that the classes for her age group were on Tuesdays, the same night as his karate, before his, so it didn't conflict! If for some reason I can't take her, KG can and it won't be out of the way! It would cost us the same each week for a 40 minute class rather then 30. The registration fee was $35, which is waived if you sign up for auto-pay(which is the only way we go) rather then $199. She would get a free T-shirt and it doesn't matter what she wears instead of the having to buy the whole get up and costumes for future recitals. This was all around just a better way for us to go right now! He signed her up the next week. Plus I think this will help her with balance, stretching, and just give her more variety for now. She was so stinking cute out there and had a ball. KG and I both went since it was her first time. KG was the 'helper parent' so I could stand back and get all the necessary photos. ;) It was set up really nice. First they did a circuit on various equipment.

First she jumped on the trampoline, had to crawl through a tube, inch her feet side by side across the uneven bars, do a front somersault, and a back somersault.

Next there was another circuit on different equipment.

She did hee-haw kicks off the trampoline then slid down a wedge, climbed up a chain wall, up and over,
then balanced her cute little self on the beam while jumping over the fish!
Next they had song time which she loved because she knew the songs from nursery!
They then did two more circuits that I didn't get photos of. :( Apparently my flash was bothering some dad. It's not my problem you didn't think to bring a camera you dumb-ass! This is my kids first time at gymnastics so screw off! I did decide to spare him life long blindness however and laid off because I'm nice like that(and I realized he's probably tortured having to deal with his pregnant wife. Poor guy!) Sooo, the first circuit she had to sit on a ball and lift herself up with her arms while her legs were pointed straight out in a balance, then hop across a mat opening then closing her legs, jump in a pit filled foam and search for apples, jump off a mini trampoline and land it, and finally do a frog type jump and balance act. The last circuit included 'fly like spider man' on the a bar(this was her favorite), cross a regular beam, crawl backwards up a wall with her feet while her hands were on a mat, go in and then out of a spunge tube and finally down the beloved slide. They then had free time for a few minutes to do as they pleased before ending with a cute little song saying good bye to each child with everyone on their tummy. They each got a stamp on the hand and this time a fun little jar of honey from their teachers own yard!
I'm sure I missed some things or got things wrong because at some points they were out of site but this it was I remember and since it's my blog, it doesn't matter! :) Flower had a ball and that's all I care about!

Oh, about the title. Apparently I missed the memo that you had to be about to pop with child in order to bring your kid there! I couldn't believe every other child's mom was HUGE with child! What's up with that? Way too many hormones flyin' around that place for my comfort!

We then went to the karate studio and watched Josh, Sam and Benjamin while talking with Lisa, Topher and Isaac. We watched KG for a bit and had the pleasure of seeing Mitch before heading out to get Oriental Chicken Salads at Applebee's. Flower loves them so we surprised KG with a nice spread when he got home from work. Well it would have been a nice spread but Flower tipped the table over, dumping all the food and breaking the hinges because I didn't realize the table locked when you expand it. Yes, our new table from Ikea. But that's a story for another day. All in all, a good night.

4 comments:

A-me said...

"Way too many hormones flyin' around that place for my comfort!"


LOL!!

Shannah said...

That looks like so much fun. I bet Flower had a blast!

sara :) said...

How dare you try and document a new chapter in your child's life! Don't you have any respect for cranky yuppies with bitchy preggo wives????

:)

Zee said...

Hi! I came over from NaBloPoMo. I'm challenging myself to comment on as many blogs as possible this month as well as post.

That looks like so much fun for a little one! Glad she had a good time and you found something that's closer for all of you!

Happy Posting!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out