Sunday, November 11, 2007

Thank you Veteran's!

Saturday was another fun fill day for just Flower and me. She started off the morning with another episode like the night before so I soon changed that! At 9:00 am I put her in the stroller and walked to our nearest (and my favorite) donut shop. She chose two and we were soon enjoying our donut goodness.

I knew she'd like the chocolate one better but she wanted to start with the white icing with sprinkles. She took one bite and requested the chocolate!

With the chocolate one, she was in heaven!
We then walked back towards our apartment to the watch a Veteran's Day Parade.
For those of you that read my blogs, last year you may remember me watching this parade by myself from our apartment window, longing for the day that Flower would finally be here and we could watch this parade together! :) It was surreal to think where we were a year ago, just waiting for the call to fly to China, wishing she was with us, and now here we are having a fantastic morning together, just mother and daughter! :0)
Flower had a great time waiving her flag!




I loves all the 'Vetts that drove in the parade.

Our favorite parts were definitely the marching bands! Drumlines are undoubtedly one of my favorite sounds!

We were soon on our way out to west Boise to my nephew Spencer's basketball game.

Our final stop was my favorite fabric store. Flower loves it too because the owner has a cute little dog that Flower loves to play with. I went in search of fabric for a baby shower gift. They didn't have what I was looking for but of course I fell in love with some fabric for dresses and skirts. I also finally gave in and bought some of the Katie Jump Rope fabric by Denise Schmidt in shades of orange that I've been drooling over for months!
When we got home Flower took a nap and I enjoyed some afternoon silence to read and clean to get ready for my niece and nephew to come over.

1 comment:

A-me said...

mmmm DK doughnuts! Izzard and I have been there a few mornings on my days off when I was living in B-town..

and whenever I see that "DK" sign it reminds me of a time LONG ago in their parking lot where I had my first "real" kiss!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out