Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Demolition Attempt #1


Alas, while I was enjoying my 'way too long' drive to Portland and Flower was partying it up with her aunt, KG and his dad attempted the demolition before my sister brought Flower back. My company is allowing us to cut through the wall and add a door, thus giving us n extra bedroom. They didn't get very far after discovering that the wall was 14 inches thick with three, yes THREE, layers of brick! Yikes. His dad informed KG this wouldn't be a one day project. He has to come back with more specialized tools. He also won't be able to get back right away since he does have a job to attend to every day. The nerve of him wanting to be able to pay his bills. ;) So we wait patiently because we are just grateful he is willing to help us with this!

Oh, and they also set off the fire alarm with all the dust that was created! It's hard to believe that huge mess was created just from that bit of work. I don't even want to see the mess when it's done!
Here, in the hallway, is where they discovered just how this this massive wall is! NICE!

1 comment:

sara :) said...

Yay! I'm so glad you're finally able to get that extra bedroom. You'll love the extra space. I hope the rest of demo and clean up goes quickly. That does not sound fun at all.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out