Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Family Reunion #4

Last weekend we went to our final reunion of the summer. This is the one I look forward to the most! It's the Campbell Reunion and consists of my mom and all her siblings and families. I love being around my mom's family and being at my aunts house. We have so many fun memories there!
We left Boise around 1:00 pm and made stops along the way to gas up and give the bus a rest. Our stop in Burley presented a slight problem. After we gassed it up, it wouldn't start. Luckily we were able to pop the clutch so we weren't worried but we stopped by a Checkers to have the have the battery checked. It was fine which led us to believe it was a problem with the starter. We'd figure it out later. Once we got to Idaho Falls we went straight to my cousin Bobette's for my Brandon's Eagle Court of Honor. I had lots of fun playing with Lorelai while Flower enjoyed my cousin Tanya and her cell phone.


We then went to my Aunt Peggy's for a bon fire and singing. Flower loved my Uncle Dirk's guitar!

We then hooked the bus up to my Aunt's electricity and hit the sack! Flower loved her bed way up high and kept peeking over the edge at us below.

Saturday morning several of the boys in the family went paintballing. My cousin Kevin showed up and informed me that he was going to get our bus up and running before we went home. He thumped on the starter and it started right up so that narrowed down the problem. My other two cousins and my Uncle Bob joined in and pulled out the starter.



The rest of us had fun playing in the yard and getting things ready as the family trickled in.


Everyone was there by 2:00 pm for lunch and homemade rootbeer!


Don't let the cute faces fool you. These two butt heads every since meet in May. They are both strong willed and fight to the end. they kept fighting over the football. My uncles finally gave Jerom a basketball and took it gladly. So we thought. He hurls it at Flower's head and takes his football back. :)

It just kept going back and firth until finally Flower pulled out the biting trick so we had to get involved and she lost the battle. It ws quite the entertainment for the rest of us. :)

Flower just loves my Uncle Garth. We were told numerous times by his children that the feelings were mutual and to watch out cause he just might try to take her home. ;) I loved watching her with all my relatives. A slip and slide was set up and enjoyed by all the kids!

There were several games of horseshoes being played as well. KG got a great shot of this beehive way up in a tree above the horseshoe pit.


While I was napping with Flower, some of the lady's decided to soak the boys playing horseshoes. Well, they couldn't have that so a couple of them grabbed my Aunt Peggy and put her in the kiddie pool!

As the night was winding down we decided to go to dinner with Ryan, Amanda and Lorelai before they headed back to Boise.


KG and Flower then went to my sister's hotel to swim with them while I went to Walmart in search of things we forgot like blankets, we were very cold the night before, a swimming suit for Flower and other bus finds. Unfortunately Walmart was out of everything related to swimming so KG took her in her clothes! :)
Sunday we left around noon and had lunch with our friends Heather and Jake.
We then took the back way home and stopped at Crater's of the Moon. It was fun but gosh I can't stand the wind! After touring the visitors center, KG and Flower hiked this hill.



It was a really pretty area and we had a great time hiking around.

We had a really great time and enjoyed seeing all the family!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out