Monday, August 27, 2007

Belated Birthday celebration


KG and I both celebrated our birthday this month. Our families had asked when we were going to get together and with the month being so crazy, and since we were going to be seeing them at the reunion, we said it really wasn't a big deal to us to get together. Besides, cards cost so much money to me, although my family is excellent at getting ones that are good for a laugh, and we don't like cake anyway.

So my mom called me last week and asked if she could at least make us dinner. We obliged at the expense of going to church. Since KG gets off at 7:30 am, he goes to church and then comes home and sleeps till 7 or 8. If he has worked Saturday night and has to work Sunday night then Sunday gatherings don't work. Anyway, enough rambling.
Apparently my dad was ready for the night to be over before it even got started! ;)

My mom figured if KG was willing to skip church and come over then she'd invite all my siblings so it was some what of a surprise party for us. We were the only dinner guests and my mom made her yummy meat loaf. Everyone else showed up about 40 minutes later. It was nice to get together.

And I'll admit, it does make me feel good that is was important enough for them to be sneaky about it! :) Plus I got some super cute photos of my current favorite niece. ;)
The photos and videos are a few of my favorite from the evening.




It was such a beautiful day. We ate dinner outside and hung out in the back yard the whole time.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out