Friday, August 3, 2007

Ikea treasures




















Here's KG, with Flower's help, putting together the sofa table that I purchased from Ikea.
We were looking for just the right piece because our sofa is short and most tables we looked at were too tall. This makes such a huge difference for the room! It adds a couple of feet to the room since it fits snugly against the windows and is only 14 inches deep. We were able to arrange the sofa differently and now it's a big open space! Flower is thrilled since it provides a bigger play area! Previously there was enough room back there for our gigantic bean bag, all our extra blankets, any of Flower's stuffed animals that were getting on my nerves, any magazines I hadn't read yet, all my yarn, a humidifier, three games and a puzzle, three big cases holding our dvd collection, and a big pillow. So basically it became our easy out for not wanting to put things away! It really tidies things up nicely. And we've found a home for all the other crap that was back there!











Notice the lovely flowers that KG and Flower brought me home from their grocery shopping trip. :)
The kitchen addition has made a huge difference! I am so pleased. We now have three more drawers, two long shelves and a huge counter top space!










Plus our original counter tops are now freed up since we can now put the toaster and other things on the new shelves! Yay!
This is the cluttered mess of a microwave before...
and this is the microwave now!












All the spices fit neatly in one of the new drawers. :)
I quickly made good use of all the extra space by making chocolate chip cookies and truly enjoying it since I wasn't crowded and tripping over everything and myself. Have I mentioned how much I love Ikea?

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out