Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Sunday Bulletin


I am currently holding my most favorite church calling to date. When I was asked to do the bulletin my first thought was, "why me? isn't that something that the old ladies usually do?" Well, I am loving it! We got a new Bishop and he extended the call with the plea of spicing it up with the hopes of waking the ward up! He is allowing me to use color and special papers. I add a small picture to every announcement. I also do a newsletter each fast Sunday which includes the birthdays of the entire ward for the coming month, a calendar of events for the coming month, a calendar of historical events that occurred in that month, quotes from prophets, poems, etc. and a game section on the back for the kids. It's been really fun and I've enjoyed a calling that truly allows me to use my creativity. A couple of weeks ago I took Flower with me to the church to make copies and I had the best time having her there to help! It was the August Fast Sunday so I would fold the bulletin and the newsletter and let her slip the newsletter inside and then make stacks. It was one of those moments that made my heart flutter and melt. She was trying so hard to make sure they were just perfect!



No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out