Thursday, August 9, 2007

New hair, glasses and shades!

So the new hair? LOVE IT! No, I didn't pull a Britney. Although I've always wanted to and think it would be terribly liberating. But I did shave it all the way up the back. The beauty of it is that you can hardly tell but it's made all the difference. I went from really not liking my hair and being annoyed to loving it just by simply shaving it. Now it feels so light and airy and lays just like I want it to with little effort, and it was FREE! :)
The next photo also shows off my new glasses fairly well. I like those too and loving that I can see so clearly again! They are a bit wider then my previous pair and the ear pieces are a bit thicker so that will take some getting used to. One thing I love is that I had them add a non-reflective coating so that I wouldn't get the glare when looking at lights. That has been a big problem for me, that lights and letters have a halo effect, especially at night! Watching movies in the dark was a real pleasure! It's already made a big difference! Hopefully I won't be such a danger on the road at night now. ;)
One thing the doc said was that I had sun damage and needed to be wearing shades. I couldn't find a pair of glasses that came with the clip on sunglasses that I liked well enough. I decided to just splurge on a pair of prescription sunglasses. I haven't purchased sunglasses since 1999 so I'd say I'm due. I had them polarize these, since making things darker for me causes halos and glare, and that prevents both of those things. I wore them home from the doc this afternoon and couldn't believe the difference! It was so nice to be able to see several streets signs away AND and have the sun blocked! Wow.
So here is a before: with the old glasses and the hair with the shagginess in the back, although it was at least an inch longer when I finally shaved it off.
And an after: with the new due and new glasses.
I love all of my newness! :) What do you think? (honesty will not hurt my feelings!)

6 comments:

Jen said...

I like the new do and the glasses give a whole new look to your face. I think it looks good.

ang :o) said...

thanks Jen! I had my other glasses for over two years so I got so used to the way they fit and looked on my face. I loved the new ones right off the bat but then of course when you get home and really start looking, sometimes they seemed to wide. i know i just need to get used to the difference.

Sandee said...

Everything looks good.

Jana said...

Waaayyy cool! I just had my hair cut last week and she undercut it (similar to yours, but not as drastic in the back). Apparently it's all the rage in Europe. It's really short underneath with long layers on top and a few really long pieces in the back and on the side. It still looks long in the front, but it's loads lighter!!

jana

Wendy said...

You look great!

sara :) said...

I love it! Dramatic change is fun and liberating, I think. (Well, sometimes!) I really like the glasses as well. It's so nice to be able to see!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out