Sunday, August 26, 2007

Poetry Sunday

I have written poetry for a long time as a way to get out thoughts and feelings. Most people don't know this because I usually don't share them, especially because they are usually about someone. I'm in the mood to share so here are some I've written lately. If you can name whom each one is for, perhaps you'll get a prize.
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Destruction?

I thought you'd always be there,
to stand the test of time.
But just as I had feared,
this new trial was too much.

You begged me for the truth
to see if you could help.
And when I shared what happened
things haven't been the same.


I feared you'd be disgusted
with the things I've had to deal,
So to avoid from being hurt
I unfairly tested you.

I said some awful things
to try and push you away.
You really don't deserve it
but it seemed easier to hide.

Now that it's happened
a piece of me is gone.

I'm unsure of how to fix it
but hope you will forgive.

We don't always agree,

but we seem to make it through.
Even through disappointment,
comfort could always be found.

Even though I pushed
I'd always hoped you stay.
I'll move forward now with caution
both in action and in words.


I guess I expected more
and took advantage of our trust
I'd thought you understand
where my hurt was coming from.

Although I got what I deserve,
I understand your disappointment.
I'd hope your doubt and questions
could be asked with warm embrace.

With an understanding ear,
You've offered so much comfort,
with sadness in my heart
I hope it's not the end.
~Flower

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

Punishment


Is this supposed to teach me
something lasting and profound?
Or is this just a punishment
for lack of faith and action.

Sometimes life throws us for loop,
handing down these challenges
that seem to make us question
those things we know are true.

But then I often wonder
if the questions did exist
before these struggles started
only now they're amplified.

Did these questions lead us
to the struggles which we deal?
Or do the challenges of life
makes us question all we know.

If we had been doing all
the things we know we should,
And living without questions
would these struggles still exist ?

Are we given challenges and trials,
as a test for us to question?
Will that help us know the truth,
in hopes of strengthening our faith?

That seems a risky move
for so many will not pass.
It's easy to get stuck
on the woes we feel inside.

This causes us to blame ourselves
and wonder if we're worthy
for the blessings and the truth
that wait for us beyond.

Do our questions and doubt
and lack of commitment,
cause the struggles in our lives
that bring us pain and sorrow?

Or do the struggles we are served
bring the questions and the doubt
in an attempt to make us strong
and recommit our faith.

I still have not concluded
which one of these comes first.
Please help me understand
the way things aught to work.
~flower
~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

An Unlikely Friend


Someone I thought I'd simply train,
soon became an unlikely friend.
Someone I can highly trust,
A constant shoulder you did lend.

With what we deal with from day to day,
you were a place where I could vent.
Sharing the secret disdain
for people and rules that came and went.

Through trusting I've noticed just how great,
my friendship with you has turned out.
It's nice to know that at work,
there's someone to count on with no doubt.

But alas what I cherish the most,
is what has developed outside.
How lucky am I to lean on,
someone I can truly confide.

You've lent your ear to happy and sad,
giving advice along the way.
You've shared in my excitement,
and tried to understand my dismay.

I so appreciate all you've done,
and for sharing your life with me.
I deeply cherish the friendship
I've found in you and hope you in me.
~flower


~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~


friendship of meaning

a best friend, a brother
no one in the world such as you.
i have been blessed with this,
a tremendously unique friendship.
no one knows my thoughts as you,
therefore nothing gets past.
you help me to be better,
a mother, wife and friend.
if not for your encouragement,
i'd given up long ago.
you're my soft place to fall,
with all concerns of life.
your my shove back to reality,
cheering for me all the while.
i count my blessings everyday,
for the impact you've had.
no one in the world such as you,
my best friend, my brother.
~flower


No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out