Thursday, February 7, 2008

Lovelies

There are a few lovely things of note over the past couple of days that have brought a smile to my face.
Lovely #1:
I have been busy in the craft room! I made these shirts and am so happy with how they turned out! I also listed the three Valentine's shirts in my shop and sold one within a couple of hours after listing it! Yay! I think the bird in the first photo is one of my favorites! All of them are my designs!
A Little Birdie Told Me...
Two Hearts Shall Beat As One...
(Flower brought me this shirt and asked for that fabric...I was happy to oblige)
Hearts a flutter...
Love Me Tender...
Cross My Heart...
Lovely #2:
I have had this lovely little card stocked away since December. I received it when I purchased the prints, that currently adorn my kitchen wall, from The Black Apple. I have been saving it for just the right person, whom I knew would appreciate it's charm and beauty. She will finally have a new home tomorrow with my friend Robin. For those of you that know Robin, you know how perfect this is! I have been thinking about her a lot for a few days and new I needed to send a card. That's when I remember this lovely little gal hidden away in my drawer. I hope she loves it!
Lovely #3:
LAUGHING GAS!
KG and I both had to have a cavity filled today. I know I've mentioned this before but I LOVE the laughing gas. It's my legal high! Since I don't get cavities often, I don't get to enjoy it that often! Honestly, as soon as they said I had a cavity, I started dreaming about the laughing gas! Granted I would rather have healthy teeth but gosh it's fun. Let me run you through my time in the chair. I sit down and promptly put the head phones on and crank up my favorite pop music of the moment. Then the nurse decided to start asking me questions. I humor her now because once I get the gas, she will not be interrupting my euphoria! She will get no response from me! FINALLY, she lays me back and asks if I want the gas?! Hell yeah! She explains that she's concerned that since I have a cold and a stuffy nose that it may not work and will be a waste....I'LL MAKE IT WORK, TRUST ME! I also lie and tell them I can't feel it so they'll turn it up just shy of the point of passing out! (actually, I don't have to lie every time because they keep the number they used the last time in my chart so they just crank that sucker up right away...commenting on how I take more then most patients. No kidding? :) ) I am laying there, not feeling my body, screaming, in my head, along to the music and thoroughly enjoying myself. The dentist comes in and injects my gums with the numbing agent and me the needle may pinch. Prick me where ever you want I say, I am in euphoric bliss! Then it stops! WTH?! No, you do not get to leave the room if that means you have to turn off the gas. You will sit right next to me, little nurse lady, and let me enjoy my high! Too bad I was too chilled out to say that. I just nodded. As they were waiting for my gums to be comepletely numb, the dentist and the nurse had to go take care of another patient and can't leave the gas on unattended. THE NERVE! I am attending it! Thankfully they were back soon enough and ahhh, I can't feel my body again. The dentist could take advantage of me laying in that chair and I wouldn't care/feel it! (I guess I shouldn't joke about that because the dentist that practices next door to our dentist was accused of this very thing a couple of years ago. Oops!) Somehow, in this state of mind, even the drills sound fun! Oh, what was that dentist man? Don't you even try to talk to me with my mouth jacked open and expect a coherent answer. I have my music full blast and my eyes closed for a reason! I want you think I'm asleep so you won't ask me stupid questions just to fill the air! It just ruins the bliss! I was so bummed when ten minutes later it was done! Ok maybe it was an hour but it went by way to fast! I guess that's the point of laughing gas! Until next time my friend! (not too soon though because I want my teeth!) Perhaps I'll convince them to give it to me for the cleanings every six months! :)
Lovely #4:
SAVERS
While KG was getting his cavity filled, and before mine, Flower and I went over to Saver's to find a snow suit so that she could finally play in the snow! They had one left in the entire kids section, besides the babies, and it just happened to fit her! Yay! She was so excited. AND it just happened to have a blue tag which was 50% today! $2.50! What a steal for a Gymboree new looking snow suit! Looks like we'll be sledding this weekend! Now I just need to find a sled to borrow! They didn't have those.
Lovely #5:
The Dreaded Meeting...
wasn't so bad. I did feel uncomfortable around previously mentioned people that I feel that way around but I just need to keep working on that. There's no reason for it. I really enjoyed the end of the night when it was just Audie, Jared and Jovi with the Sturgill's. Flower and Jovi were having a ball! Dancing and jumping around, they had more energy then they knew what to do with! It was so fun to watch them! I always enjoy my time there which I'm sure contributed to not being as uncomfortable as I could have been. I also went home with some fun craft/holiday bobbles. Thanks Kris! As we were leaving, and by our cars, Audie said, "I love it here! That was so fun. What a fun house." I said, "Yep, that's why I love coming here and probably overstay my welcome but it's just a comfortable place to be." She agreed whole heartedly. I was hoping to have a little chat with Kris after everyone left but I really enjoyed their company and had fun with them. We have hung out a couple of times with the Klein's but it's been too long! Especially now that Jovi is older and we have a child. It's time to do it again. Fun times. And I didn't cry when I got home so that's always a good thing right?
Have a lovely day!

1 comment:

Hokie Family said...

Hey Ang-
You've got skills! those shirts are SO cute. Where's your shop? Is it ETSY? Then I also LOVE laughing gas too. On my last visit I was feel a little to good, it felt like my body was slidding off the chair. The assistant asked, "Do you need more." I had to say no. Then she asked if I wanted it turned down and I definately said no. To much fun. By the way Flower is so darling. it's neat to see pictures of your family.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out