Saturday, February 2, 2008

Weekend To-Do List-Saturday Progress

Wow, I am so happy with what I've accomplished! I even added in some extra projects.
I had President Hinckley's funeral service playing on the computer behind me. The entire time I was plugging away on my crafts, pretty much all day, I was listening to that as well as various documentaries about him and I really enjoyed it. The funeral was lovely. It reminded me of when my Grandpa died in 1997. I was so impressed by how many people came to honor him and celebrate his life. As his granddaughter I was so proud that so many people loved him. Obviously that didn't even compare to what I saw today. As I listened/watched the funeral for President Hinckley I couldn't help but think about his grandchildren and how overwhelmingly proud they must be that so many people loved their grandpa. What a special man.
Now, on to my crafts.
I made some rice bags that I use to keep my feet warm at night. Marco gave me one a couple of years ago. Since I'm usually in bed alone and don't have a warm body to warm my ice cold feet, I have used that one to the point that the fabric is shredding, leaving a lovely mess of crumbs in the bed each time I use it. Sooo, I decided to make more! He used corn in his which I am definitely liking better. It seems to hold the heat a lot longer. Rice will do until I make it to the feed store. I love this fabric because it's so warm and cheery for those chilly nights. It was so appropriately named 'Sweet Dreams'. It contributes to my sweet dreams! They will be for sale in my shop.Next I made myself a skirt. Originally I was going to make it all one fabric, the brown one, but soon realized I only had enough for three panels. Not able to decide which other one to use, I used one of each of the other three patterns. I like how it turned out.Flower then picked out the fabric for her skirt. She wanted all of them except the brown. I then took her with me on a work appointment (which I rented to...wahooo! now let's just hope she gets approved). When we got back it was time for her nap. I told her she would have a lovely skirt when she woke up.Once KG woke up I took the opportunity to try out my bath salts. I soaked and read until dinner was ready. It took me till about chapter 3 or 4 to get into the book but now at chapter 6, I'm hooked! :o)
When Flower went to bed and while KG watched a movie, I started on the afghan squares. I would have had three done by now but I took apart my first two. They just weren't looking right so I made up my own pattern. I'm pleased with it and need to decided how big I want each square to be. I have a whole basket of yarn that I want to use up so this afghan will be a smorgasboard of colors. I 'm excited about it.
And finally, I finished updating my 'niece and nephew wall'. I have been putting new photos of each of them to start off the new year. I also got new frames in December, which are better quality and bigger then I had before. I was using a 4x6 photo prior and am now using a 5x7. I still need to tweak it. The frames need some glue tape on the back to keep them straight because just one being off looks terrible and drives me crazy!
The top 4 kids belong to my older brother. The first two in the middle row belong to my older sister. The third photo in the middle belongs to my younger brother. The forth photo in the middle belongs to KG's second brother. The first one on the bottom belongs to KG's youngest brother. And the last three belong to KG's first brother. I cannot get them to give me newer photos so I gave up and completed the project. That is why those three have thicker borders.
This is one of my favorite corners of my house. I love to look at their cute faces. Gosh I really miss them! The black and white art on the other wall is by far one of my favorite pieces. It was the first piece KG and I bought together after we got married! The artist was the renter in our home before we purchased it. When we went to look at the house, the original piece was still a work in progress in the living room. I fell in love immediately!
Whew busy day. But yet soooo relaxing and fulfilling!
G'night.

1 comment:

Gorge Us Family said...

Let me know when you get some of your rice bags in your shop, I'd love to get one.

Jessica

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out