Monday, February 18, 2008

Random Weekend thoughts

The Facial-
Although I really loved it, I didn't mention some of the negatives because I didn't want to take away from what a wonderful day I had with KG! That being said, I felt like I was suffocating! For a good portion of it they put a steam machine in front of your face. KG of course loved this, I however could not breath! Steam is not good for asthma! And do you think I said anything? NO! I'm weird about that. So I sat there talking myself out of a panic attack the whole time instead of really enjoying the facial. I just kept hoping it was going to end soon. It was made even worse when she wrapped my face in the hot towel at the same time the steam was blowing at me. Luckily that only last about 30 seconds because I have never felt claustrophobia before and that sucked! I really did enjoy the facial, just not sure if I'll have one again, or if I do, I won't be having the steam machine. That sort of defeats the purpose since that is what loosens the skin. I have the same problem with hot tubs and especially saunas! I thoroughly enjoyed all of the massage parts though and the mask!

Do not hit John if you're not prepared to get hit back!-
Saturday night we went to the Goodsell's. We were playing games and having a good time. John was hovering over my shoulder at one point and just being annoying. My natural reflex set in and I made a fist and brought my arm straight up and back with the intent to hit him in the chest. I succeeded and hit him pretty hard. My thumb nail also got him in the chin. Of course his natural reflex kicked in and he had a much better angle on me! He got me right in the shoulder...my already hurt shoulder. It was actually kind of funny but oh it hurt and now I have a bruise and a stiff shoulder! Thanks ya jerk! ;o)

Eyebrow Waxing-
I loved the results...THE FIRST DAY! Yesterday, however, I didn't! Everywhere that a hair was pulled, I now have a lovely little white head! Aside from the fact that any photo this close is just not flattering, it doesn't even do the monstrosity of this break out justice! We are talking 28 so far(yes I'm counting!) between my eyebrows and above them. I have never struggled with acne so this is not exciting to me! I've never had a breakout like this in my life! It's awful and it's completely red in those areas as well. AND IT HURTS! Thanks eyebrow lady!

Annie-

Yesterday Flower and I watched Annie. I have always love that movie and was so excited to share it with Flower. Actually it took my friend Val calling to ask whether I'd watched it since adopting Flower. I told her I hadn't and she proceeded to tell me that she just watched it and cried like she'd never cried before because she thought of Flower and the life she could have had. Obviously life in an orphanage in China would have been much different then the girls home in the movie, some things being better, some things worse. Either way, she said this movie never made her emotional until we adopted. I did look at it a bit different then before. Flower LOVED it! Of course she likes anything with singing and dancing! We both fell asleep 3/4 of the way in and enjoyed a 2 and half hour nap as well! :o) The movie also came with two necklaces, each half a heart. She was so excited to have a pretty new necklace to wear.

Dreads-
I was really starting to like them the following two days after I'd made some changed, and then they started to get dirty, and then my scalp started to itch. I am not one who likes a dirty head. It makes my whole body feel dirty. The thing is if you take care of dreads, they aren't dirty. You're supposed to wash them. This is where I'm a bit disappointed so far. I washed them yesterday and they pretty much came out. I twisted them back in but don't see how they are going to form properly if I'm basically starting over every 2 to 3 days! I just don't think the girl did them right. She called me shortly after she left and told me she should have done some things different. I'm just frustrated because I spent good money on them and she should have known what she was doing. I have ordered a 'do it yourself' kit, which was half as much as I spent on them to begin with. I am hoping to keep them as they are until the kit comes and then see if I can salvage and make them look better. I don't want the initial cost to be a waste! I also have naturally frizzy hair which for dreads is supposed to be a good thing but for now, it's just out of control! Hopefully they'll get better! I did add beads, which was no easy feat, and I LOVE them!

Curling with a Flat Iron-

I saw this tip on a site and had to try it out on miss Flower. I love the results! This is exactly the kind of curls I like! I'm not one for the super tight curls that make your hair twice as short as it is. I also prefer 'messier' or more uneven curls. I don't like that I'm unable to control the curl when rollers are used and it's almost impossible with a curling iron as well. I am so excited about this new discovery! Flower loved it too! Who knew a flat iron has so many uses?!


Are we moving to West Boise?-
Um hell no! My mom called me yesterday and said there was a rumor in the family that we were moving to west Boise. First of all we aren't moving at all. We need this job desperately right now so moving is out! Second, even if we were, it certainly wouldn't be to west Boise! You should all know us better then that! I won't say never because you never know but it would be a last resort.

Please let me sleep!-

I hate getting woken up in the middle of the night, especially after I've only been asleep for just under two hours! That becomes like a nap and then I can't sleep! This is what happened last night. I fell asleep early(for me), around 11:30 pm, so I could wake up and get an early start to my day and exercise and all that jazz before flower woke up. I was rudely awakened around 1:30 am my Miss Thing climbing all over me! I really have a hard time being patient when that happens. I am not very loving that's for sure! I told her to lay down and go to sleep. I then laid there in the dark for a half hour unable to fall back to sleep. And because I was awake, I was not feeling acid reflux! I finally got up to get a pepcid. She stood up all excited thinking she was going to be able to get out of bed and play. NO! I got her out of my bed to put her back in her own bed! She was not happy but thankfully she didn't cry or that would have sent me over the edge! I finally went back to bed a half hour later and was able to be sweet with her and give her a kiss and tuck her in. Of course 15 minutes later she had to go to the bathroom. I was proud of myself because by this time I was completely awake and therefore had patients. I was able to get her back in bed and love on her and tuck her in and kiss her, knowing that she would have happy thoughts and feelings of being loved instead of thoughts of being yelled at. Yay me! I really hate it when she's sad right before she goes to sleep. Of course I wasn't able to fall asleep until after 4:30 am but oh well. Since she fell asleep she'll sleep in right? Wrong! Normally she will but not today, she was up bright and early at 9:00 am. Little snot! ;) I did manage to do my Pilates while she watched tv so I'm happy!
I'm now waiting for Flower to go sleep so I can get back to work. Must be nice to be able to take a nap!

2 comments:

Steph said...

I love the V-Day cupcakes!!! I haven't had a great experience with facials either...stick with a massage. gotta love those!

A-me said...

I used to break out after I got waxed.. try using a little bit of tea tree oil on the area's that were waxed after being waxed and poof no break out. That's my little secret for you :)

P.S. This little secret only works on waxing that tace place on the face. I have other secrets for other area's if you'd like to know. The joys of working in a spa and being a massage therapist! :)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out