Sunday, February 10, 2008

A Weekend of Beads

The Friday work day was super busy. I did rent two more of the apartments so I think we're finally on the up swing! Have I mentioned how awesome my daughter is?! I just love her. She was so good while I was working all day and just did her thing. Mom, Dad and Erina treated us to dinner at Joe's Crab Shack that night which was a welcomed break.
It was fun to see Erina.

She and Flower had fun sitting by each other.

Erina also took good care of Flower. When I wasn't paying attention to her needs, like when she was continually asking for her water when I *gasp* having adult conversation, Erina marched over and grabbed Flower's cup and gave it to her. She has really grown up. The girls also had fun dancing in the middle of all the tables to the Macarana.

Saturday I had big plans for Flower and I since she was somewhat attention starved this week. We were out the door early, well for us anyway, especially on a Saturday. We don't usually even get dressed on Saturdays! So we left the house at 9:45! Unheard of! First we dropped off a prescription at Rite-Aid. Then we went to the church to complete the bulletin for Sunday. After that we made a stop at my favorite bead store. The day before I had glanced up at my beading stuff and realized it's been awhile since I'd made anything. I was laying in bed that night dreaming of making myself something pretty. I got out my beads and wasn't feeling particularly inspired. I had an idea of what I wanted and just needed a pendent. There are such great ladies at the bead store. They all ogled over Flower and made it super easy for me to browse. I let Flower pick out some beads as well. After an hour we were on our way. We stopped off at Papa Murphey's to get a pepperoni pizza and then Nic and Willy's for a Roman feta pesto pizza. Yes, I could have gotten them at the same place but only Nic and Willy's has the Roman one and I only like the pepperoni at Papa Murphey's! :o) Spoiled much? We finally went home, had lunch and started laundry. I haven't done laundry in three weeks and we are all on our last pair of undergarments to it was a mandatory task! ;) After I put the first load in the washer, Flower went down for her nap. I then spent the afternoon creating beautiful necklaces! I hate making this crafty stuff because I end up wanting to keep it all! Poor me right? The whole point is to sell it. I do plan to keep one though, I just can't decide which one! I made three and were really happy with how they turned out.


When Flower woke up she helped me make hers. She loved it!

We then woke up KG and cleaned everything up in time for the missionaries to show up for dinner. That's what all the pizza was for and it was a big hit. We had a great time with them and Flower flirted like a champ. She even tried to give one of them a lip lock at the end of the night. She was promptly denied and offered the cheek. It was cute. They left us with a nice message.
Flower then enjoyed a nice bath. Fresh out of the bath and full of giggles she looked so cute wearing her new little necklace, that she won't take off, so I grabbed the camera and snapped away.


I actually went to bed early and was glad she wasn't asleep yet because that would mean I could sleep in!
Sunday was a nice quiet day doing exactly what I wanted to do which was seclude myself from anyone other then KG and Flower. :-D Yes I felt like a schmuck when my kid was begging to go to church but for now I need to separate myself. Flower and I watched movies together. First we watched Summer Magic. Then we left to pick up the prescription I'd dropped off on Saturday. We also stopped off at the market to get some butter for our popcorn. When we got home we watched The Lion King and enjoyed our Sunday treat of popcorn with the added bonus of strawberry daiquiris! YUM. At 2:00 I woke KG so he could go to a church meeting that he was just thrilled about attending (only because he had to wake up early). While he was gone Flower took a nap and I crocheted. Here's a sneak peak at the afghan:
I read my book. I also made another necklace.
It was a very productive week including lots of craft time(sewing, crocheting, beading), work(I rented 6 apartments this week! yahoo!), church things, reading and life in general. Considering I've had a migraine for two straight weeks(ever since my synthroid dose was tripled) I'd say that's not to shabby. Things are going well and I'm pleased that I'm 'getting my craft on' again! :O) I always feel good when I'm creating.
KG has the night off so I'm looking forward to just chilling with him for the rest of the evening.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out