Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine's Day Bliss

Today was such a lovely day! I have always really enjoyed Valentine's Day because it's just one more day for me to show KG and those I love just how special they are to me! Even though KG always spoils me, there are two Valentine's Days with KG that I really remember. One of them was two years after we got married. The house was a mess because we were so busy and both working and blah blah blah. We just hadn't cleaned in a while and it was getting overwhelming. I came home from work that afternoon to find that KG had taken the day off and cleaned the entire house, spic and span! In our house you walked in to the dining room. There were flowers and candles lit on the table and he was downstairs in our room 'waiting' for me! I will never forget that one! Sometimes it's not the 'gifts' that mean the most. Doing things like that for me will win me over every time! The next one is all about the gift! :) It was three years ago. He surprised me with platinum diamond earrings. I have never been a diamond kind of gal. I have always worn fake studs in my ears though. I never change my earrings and like to keep them simple. I was really bummed when I developed an allergy to every metal I attempted to put in my ears. I had worn studs since I was 12 years old and now had nude ears for months. So he bought me the perfect size little diamond platinum studs that have not left my ears since! Thank you honey for always being so thoughtful!
This year was more about being pampered together! We also wanted to include Flower in some part of our day. Last night Flower and I made cupcakes with handmade paper hearts.




We spent the day delivering them to the most special people in our lives! We took a break in between to have lunch with my mom at her elementary school.

We then dropped Flower off at our friend Sara's house. She agreed to watch Flower so we could have some alone time to pamper ourselves! We went to Breath Wellness Day Spa and had the best time! We each had a
Strawberries-n-Cream Spa Facial
The facial is customized for your particular skin type, includes steam cleansing, exfoliation, extractions, massage, and a finishing mask. It also included Paraffin Hand Dip, Foot Scrub, and Hand and Foot Massage
We also added in free eyebrow waxing which neither of us has ever done. It's a small salon so they could only do one facial at a time. Each facial/hand and foot massage was 90 minutes. While KG was being pampered, I read my current book and enjoyed the fruit drenched in chocolate fondue plus Hershey kisses! It was heavenly. I then went in for my pampering, while KG enjoyed the fruit/chocolate and read my book. We also chose to get pedicures which were done at the same time and took another hour. :o)


I just love spending time with KG! We've had lots of time together this week since he's been off work and I've loved every minute of it! I especially love afternoons such as this that we get to be pampered together, knowing it's making the other feel really good!
We were soon on our way to pick up Flower. Thanks again Sara for watching her for us and sorry she bit Madeline! The little s**t drew blood! Let me tell ya, when you watch our kid you are rewarded! We gave Sara a gift certificate for the same spa, good for an ass wax! Yes, we are generous! Enjoy it Sara! :o)
The three of us then went out to dinner. After stopping at Teppanyaki and Chili's we finally settled on Chapala because it didn't have a wait and we were famished!

Now we're home and watching Splash from 1988! I haven't seen this movie in, well I don't remember when I last saw it but I always liked it. When I was a kid I thought it was so cool that the mermaids name was Madison which was my last name! I hope you all had a lovely Valentine's Day! Mine was wonderful!

5 comments:

NT Weekes Family said...

Hi Ang.
I totally remember you! :o>
thanks for the comment... you're a sweetie!
it was good to hear from you...
i like the green toe nails too!
My husband let me paint his toe nails once when we were dating... he has Huge feet & BIG toe nails, i just had to paint them! I haven't done it since... maybe later.
Your daughter Flower is a doll with a "bite" :o>
Well, my comment is turning into a novel....
HAPPY Valentine's Day!
I love it when guys clean!-- BIG turn on for me!

sara :) said...

I so cannot wait to get my complimentary ass-waxing. Sounds so therapeutic. I'm glad you guys had a good time. And my cupcake was super delicious!! :)

A-me said...

Cute toes! Sounds like a fabulous day!! :)

Jana said...

love the toes ... love the cupcakes ... love the hair! That all sounds a little odd, huh? Happy Belated Valentine's Day. Sounds like yours was stress-free!! YEAH for those kind of days ... they're few and far between.

Shannah said...

Oh how fun! Sounds like a very enjoyable spa day. And fondue too!!! :o)

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out