Saturday, March 28, 2009

Hey good lookin'...whatchya got cookin?

Yesterday morning Flower helped me prepare last nights dinner. I love it when she wants to help me and doesn't get on my nerves in the process. She was so much fun. Whenever we cook or bake together we always put River in the dining room so she can be a part of the action as well.
We were making Chicken Enchilada Casserole. We chopped and got all the ingredients ready first.
She loves to nibble away at the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and olives.
She got her own can of olives.
Here's our entire cast of characters all ready to use.
The cooking began.
The white sauce had coriander and cumin. It really wasn't my favorite sauce and I would do a few things different next time.
And here it is before we dug in!
It was good but not enough flavor which is surprising for everything that went into it. I followed a recipe from Cookinglight.com. I think next time I'll adapt it a bit and do a few exchanges. I have tried two new recipes from that sight this week. They were just 'ok'. Nothing exciting or memorable. I have one more to try tomorrow night. Maybe that will be the winner of the week.

After making the dinner, Flower made Popsicles with her new Popsicle set from IKEA. It's been so long since I've seen one of these and she thought it was so cool. We used Treetops Apple-Grape juice.

We had them after her nap and they were delicious!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out