Sunday, March 29, 2009

New room update

River's first night in the crib, Thursday night, went awesome. She slept from 9:30 pm to 7:30 am. When KG got home at 7:30 from work she was just starting to stir. He gave her a bottle and she slept till 9:00. I'm hoping that wasn't just a fluke! Flower did well too. She woke up around 12:30 am, before I had gone to bed, crying from a dream and that made River stir but both fell right back to sleep. So far so good! :)

Well Friday night...not as good. River was asleep by 8:30 pm, maybe too early. She woke up at 1:30, starving. I took her out of bed so then Flower was upset because she wants her in her room! River fell asleep in my bed because I fell asleep feeding her. She woke again at 6:30, same pattern she had when she slept in our bed all night. She acts like she hasn't eaten in a year. Flower also came running in at 2:30 crying.

Saturday night was a little better. River went to bed at 9:00. She woke at 12:30 and I fed her. Then she woke up at some point, probably around 4 but I let her cry it out, hoping it wouldn't wake Flower. It didn't and she only cried for about 10 minutes and fell back to sleep until 7:00. I'll take it. Flower didn't wake up at all.

The doc thought feeding River rice cereal before bed would help. We started that Thursday, which is like torturing her, when we started her in the crib. It hasn't made a difference other then that night. Ugh.

I'm hoping by about two weeks a routine will set in and both of them will just get over it and SLEEP! :) I'm sure that's wishful thinking.

Here are some photos from KG's phone over the last couple of days. The first one is my absolute favorite!

Showing off River's big guns!
I love it when she chills on my back like this. We were all just hanging out on the bed in the afternoon as dad was waking up.
Flower likes to makes shapes with her hair.

KG spoke in church today. He did very well. I've always enjoyed listening to him speak, I think almost as much as he likes hearing himself speak :). He's a natural and based on all the people that said things to me and him, I think he was enjoyed by all.

Flower and I watched Dumbo together today. It was her first time and she loved it. I still like it too. It's been a long time since I've seen it. Now the girls and the boy are all asleep. :) I love Sunday afternoons like this!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out