Monday, October 29, 2007

Arizona-Down Time with Uncle Justin

This just makes me smile. :0) As we were getting ready for our Friday, this is where KG found Flower.


Friday was a fun filled day with Birgitta. Unfortunately I forgot the camera! She took KG, Flower, Adam and I to Tempe. It's a town similar to McCall, Idaho but unfortunately is losing most of its 'mom and pop' stores for national chains. Hmm, sounds like downtown Boise. It sucks. We ate lunch at an Irish pub with excellent food. We entertained three business men at the table next to us and KG taught Birgitta how to the make an orange Runt candy float above his mouth. :) She had to try and then I did it and they were quite amused as we continued to try other fruit shapes from the box of candy. :0) We still found three stores among the chains with great finds. The first was Hippie Gypsy where I found some great stickers for the bus and a cute t-shirt for Flower, which she actually picked out. Then we came upon a book store that I found the memoir Kitchen Privileges by Mary Higgins Clark with the old fashion uneven pages. I can hardly wait to read it. Then we went into an antique bookstore where I bought some original Raggedy Anne paper dolls for Flower and I to play with as well as an antique Golden Book children's book to add to my collection. As I was checking out they had the coolest Halloween tie hanging there so I surprised KG with it. From there we went to IKEA! There is always lots of fun to be had there and we didn't leave empty handed. We found a great drop leaf table so we can actually eat at a table together! We bought for our upstairs gaybors (KG's term for our gay neighbors/friends) the same amazing space saver kitchen piece we bought in Portland and three Christmas gifts for Flower. The bus was stocked and was going to make it interesting for the 14 or so hour trip back to Boise!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out