Friday, October 12, 2007

Conference

We really enjoyed General Conference last weekend. This was the first weekend in a LONG time that we were able to watch all the sessions together and the same day they occurred! We TiVo'd it so we could watch it when KG woke up since he is a day sleeper. Along with the great talks, Flower gave us some good laughs.
During the Saturday sessions, Flower was still napping on the sofa when we started watching. She woke with a start and a big smile at the opening song with the women singing. She rolled to her tummy, facing the tv, and rested her face on her hands. She was mesmerized....until it switched to the men's choir. She turns around upset and says, "uh oh, tv broken!" We had a good laugh.
I was so touched at how sweet and gentle Elder Nelson was with Elder Wirthlin. Just standing there for the remainder of his talk, with his hand on his arm and back, holding him up so he wouldn't fall. That's what it's all about. I got a little choked up. I think I was so touched by this because of some things that I've been going through lately. We have relied on our friends Jerry and Kris for a lot of support. Kris especially has helped at the drop of a hat with Flower, taking me to appointments, and spending so much time listening and offering advice. I am not one who takes help easily but I'm working on that. I suppose that's what this life is really all about...being there for one another in good times and bad. If I am willing to give love and support to those that need it, I need to be willing to accept it.
Ok enough mush.
Later during the second session, Flower had to go potty. She tooted quite loudly and ran to the toilet. We saw her looking in her underwear and then she looks up and says, "Where did my fart go?" We lost it! That's just something I never thought I'd hear.
Sunday was really fun. After the morning session we packed up the deep fat fryer and Rhodes bread dough and headed to the Klein's. It had been entirely too long, June, since we'd seen them so we were excited. We made scones and had fun watching the kids play. Ashton and Flower got along so well!

Flower and Ellektra got on each others nerves a bit more but they still had fun. Check out her beautiful curls!

We watched the second session there while Val did our hair.


KG got a lovely shade of purple. I went with a similar shade as before but added some dark. I decided mine wasn't quite as dark as I wanted it so the next day I went and bought black and did a couple of sections. Now I love it! We had so much fun with them and look forward to our next gathering.

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out