Sunday, February 22, 2009

Ch-ch-ch-ch-changes!

You know, like the David Bowie song.
There were some exciting changes made in our ward today. A new Relief Society Presidency was called. I'm really looking forward to this new group. All these ladies, Sherri, Louis, Kris, Shirley and Diana are amazing. They will bring something completely different to R.S. There was such a peace there today and I think it's really going to be a great change. Bring on the new year!

This evening my parents came over for dinner in celebration of my dads birthday. Happy birthday dad! 59 big ones! He loves meatloaf and he's never had mine, which is the best, so I had to treat him. ;) He told me later that he liked it. It was nice of him to stroke my ego. After dinner we sat around and talked. Flower played Connect Four several times with each of her grandparents and then Uno Memory with Grandma. KG and Grandpa also got a nap in. At 7:00 the rest of my family came over for cake and ice cream. Much discussion was had about my parents upcoming fortieth anniversary celebration this summer. I'm excited to celebrate that time with my family. That's a huge milestone these days.

I've got three things coming up this week that I'm excited but nervous about. With the recent goals I've set for myself, I'm hoping these things don't end up creating a set back. I guess only time will tell.

We've had a wonderful weekend since KG has been off three days in a row. :) We love it when he gets three or four days off in a row! :)

And what's with the constant feeling of butterflies I've had in my stomach all day? It's driving me bonkers.

I hope you all have a lovely week.

1 comment:

Emi said...

LOL @ "KG and Grampa got a nap in"

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out