Sunday, February 15, 2009

The privacy issue.

I am having a conflict. I like the idea of privacy and knowing who's reading and so forth. However, lots of people in China read the blog to stay caught up on Flower's life. They helped raise her for the first two years of her life. I was informed by them that they cannot read blogs, which we new from Amanda but I forgot. China doesn't allow them to access blogs. However, they can still get on Google, therefore they can read the blog in Reader. That's a nice little loophole for them. If I go private, obviously my posts don't show up in Reader. And although they can't comment, they email kind words instead. I really don't want to cut them out.

So here's the deal...for now I'm going to keep my blog open as it is. I haven't had any complaints or issues in the 2 years I've been doing this(except for the people that found it offensive that I married a man that paints his toenails) :), or the 1 1/2 years I email journaled before that. I'd say that's a pretty good track record and good reason to get down with my bad self. I just want to say that if you read my blog, then you should know how I am. I love people in general and have a huge heart and I'm not a malicious person. If you don't get my sarcasm, my sometimes exaggerated bad attitude (because I think it's funny), my sense of humor, the occasional sadness as life isn't always perfect, my whining, or whatever, then don't read my blog. If you don't like what you're reading, don't read it. It's that simple. I would never intentionally hurt someone. In the future if I offend or hurt you, please just send me a private email and I will clear it up. And if I can't clear it up then you can hate me. Please don't use my posts against me, without having all the information, and send a mass email to various people in my life and say unkind things about me. It really stung and gave me a sense of distrust in general. In return I responded very poorly in a way I am not proud of and I apologize to anyone that was party to that. From now on it will just be ignored. I will not give it a second thought. I don't have room in my life or my scattered brain for anything but kindness and positive energy. I've entered ALL email addresses I've received and if the time comes that I feel it's a necessary move, have no fear you will get an invite!

And thank you to everyone for the bloggy love and supportive kind words! It means a lot to me to know there are SO many out there that get me and enjoy reading the brilliant things that spew from my magnificent brain. :) Actually I'm well aware that you're just here to partake in the many photos of the beauty that is my children. What can I say I passed on some dang good genes. But I'll just pretend you're here because you think I'm hot. :)
Thanks again and peace out.

P.S.-Lest I offend again...I don't hate READING private blogs, I hate that I can't get my brain to remember to CHECK them! Dang A.D.D. (Happy Jenni? I am still your loyal reader. So quit your whining! Ha. LOL)

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out