Saturday, March 22, 2008

Exhausting Friday and Saturday!

This weekend was really fun and it's not even Sunday yet! I was very proud of myself for some personal accomplishments on Thursday and Friday. I wish it would have lasted past Saturday afternoon but what can you do? Friday morning we had a funeral then I went to work. That afternoon Flower went with my parents and Sandee after the funeral luncheon. She was later picked up by KG's parents from my sister. She had a sleepover with her cousins! She went to dinner and saw Horton Hears a Who! I am so jealous! :) On Saturday she went to an Easter Egg Hunt! She had a great time! After working for two hours, and doing my first move-out inspection which finally made me feel like I was actually working, KG and I went to the temple. KG did baptisms with 'the boys' and other adults. Kris and I sneaked off by ourselves and ate in the cafeteria. We then did initiatories. I'm not sure exactly what my thoughts are on doing those. I kind of missed being in a session and having lots of time with my thoughts. It was nice to do something different though. I enjoyed it and had a neat experience with the scriptures. Something I've only heard others talk about but never myself. Most of the other group went out for pizza after they were done. Kris brought me home and came in to get the 'live tour' of the apartment. We talked for a bit and she was on her way with a pile of 'stuff' we had been stacking for her during the move. KG was soon home and we watched Eli Stone. Great show! He was then off to work and I spent the evening catching up on my blogs (as I'm sure you noticed getting four in one night!).
Saturday was jam packed. I went to Walmart first thing to get things for Easter. I found a cute dress for Flower and even for myself. I even found a shower curtain that I love! It matches the pictures we have hung and I'm really happy with how it looks in there.

By the time I got home I only had a half hour to stuff eggs for our hunt tomorrow and then was out the door to Spencer's football game. He won and it was a great game! After being there for 45 minutes I had to leave early. KG's parents met me there and handed over Flower on my way out. I then had lunch with my favorite cousin Keri! Friday was her birthday so this was a must! Plus I love catching up with her! We don't get to see each other nearly enough! From there I was a half our late for Lynnette's baby shower!
Here is Lynnette(my new boss), her sweet baby boy Tristan and Miss Flower.
It was really fun to catch up with Tisha, who left Parklane before I did, and meet some new people. I was showing Lynnette this feature on my camera. She actually saw the one I took with Flower in her red sweater. I love how it picked up the beautiful blue in his outfit!

Isn't he scrumptious? I just love his little lips!
Here he is with Daddy Tex tasting some honeydew melon.
I got home at 6:00 and sat down to complete my bulletin. Thanks to all those whose lives are too damn busy to do their callings on time without a a weekly reminder from me, my weekends are hell to try and get it done! I have established that if I don't have it done and to the church to the by Thursday night, I am either up way to late on Saturday or ruining Sunday morning trying to get it done on time to get to the church! So KG and Flower left without me to get to the hockey game at 6:30. I finished what I could do here and then went to the church to finished and fold it. It was past 8:20 by the time I got to the game! Thanks a bunch folks and one in particular gets a big middle finger! He apparently knows my life better then I do and had the balls to tell me when I need to get the bulletin done and it's not Thursday. He even went as far as to say that I don't need to do it at the church, even though the bishop wants it there! Ughh! It was a excellent game with a 3-0! I don't recall ever going to a losing game! It was even better then the Wednesday night game we attended. We had box suite seating through Qwest so that was even more fun.

It was nice to have at least an hour with KG with such a busy day!
Here are all the lovely people in the suite with us. The two men being KG's co-workers and their children.


Flower was having so much fun cheering, dancing and playing!


I was thrilled to come home and discover I had sold two blankets on Etsy too! Score! :-)
Now I'm going to make a bracelet to go with Flower's Easter dress and go to bed!!!

2 comments:

Jana said...

LOVE the shower curtain and that Tristan is a doll baby!! Happy Easter to you and your family:)

John and Danielle said...

I was so saddened to hear about Kami's baby. I vaguely remember meeting her once, but defintely remembered her face. Your family has been in my heart and prayers.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out