Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Official Tour!

My picture thingy still hasn't come out of hiding and it's making me nuts so KG was so kind and surprised me with another one. Such a nice surprise on my first day on the new job! :) Now I will take you on the tour of our new place. Let's first start with the move!
Here are the movers!

Here are the piles and piles of boxes!


It felt like we'd never get out from under these boxes!
But we finally did and here's the result.
When you walk in the front door, this is what you see.

I am so grateful that we had the sense to purchase a unit that closed so that we didn't have the tv clutter as the center of the room. In the previous place we had to have the doors open all the time because of the space it was in but now we can open and close them as we please!
The living room is to your left when you walk in. I bought some fun fabrics that have turquoise in them to make throw pillows to bring the wall color into the sofa. Here is the one I've made so far. I am really loving this color, especially with the neutral browns of the sofa. I knew I'd live that sofa just for this reason when we bought it! It's so versatile.

When you walk in the front door the dining room is on your right.

This is the rug we fell in love with when we purchased the table. The turquoise continues. :) The kitchen is adjoined to the dining room.

As you go down the hallway you see that there is a nice cutout above the kitchen sink so that if you're in the kitchen you can still be part of the action on the living room! I really like this! Flower's room is the first door on the left.

She has a nice little reading area and loves the art that is newly hung on her wall.

On the opposite wall sits her bed.

She absolutely adores her new room and that makes me sooo happy!

If you keep walking down the hall and look in the first door on your right you will stumble upon Flower's bathroom...filled with my frog collection. She loves to stand on the toilet and gaze at her beautiful self in the giant mirror while she sings and talks. At the previous place we had pedestal sinks with a cabinet/mirror combo above so she never got to see in the mirror. Across the hall from that is the computer/craft room or hell at this point. We are having a hard time finding a place for everything. Can you tell? The previous room had a big area behind the door where KG put shelves for me and that housed most of my crap. We don't have that in this room. This room is the only one that I prefer the old room. :)

Next is our room. When you walk in, the bathroom is to the right. The back right corner is our reading area. I painted the picture hung on the wall above the chair. It's an oil painting I did in high school.

The statue in the window is one of my favorite pieces bought on our cruise in 2005. The photos on the wall are various ones of KG and I throughout our marriage. (yes there are two that are not...I have the photos that I want I just haven't printed them off yet. one is from our cruise in 2005 when we decided to adopt and one is from our trip to China, the last point in our lives as a family of two.)

Our place feels like home and I am feeling really calm here. For the full affect you are welcome anytime!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

Everything looks great! You did such a great job decorating. I can't wait to see it.

La belle mère said...

AWESOME, love it!! It must be so nice to have a real bedroom for Flower, too. :)

sara :) said...

It looks great. I need you to come and add some color/flair to my drab place!

John and Danielle said...

Yes, that is Whit, she graduates this year, then Courtney, she is having her first, a boy, in June and then the short one-ME!

Gorge Us Family said...

I love it. It looks cozy.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out