Monday, March 24, 2008

I think I'm gonna like it here!

(Name that song/movie!) It's been one week on the job and I think I'm going to love it! It's so different! So much stress has been wiped clean. It's really hard to explain but I love it! This week consisted of just getting to know things. Paperwork is exactly the same and some procedures are as well and those that aren't, the differences make so much sense! And I love that she has told me that if I have ideas, she wants to hear them. That's something I never really felt as the other job. I feel so much more needed and valued! Last night I was able to have my nieces spend the night and hang out clear till noon without having to worry about anything related to work! My daily routine now is feeding Flower lunch at 12:30 and then putting her down for her nap at 1:00. She reads until she falls asleep, usually around 2:00. That gives me an hour to myself before heading to the office for work. Depending on how busy things are, like today was super slow, I only stay till 4:00 and forward the office phone to my cell phone. At 6:00 I go unforward the phone and lock the place up and I'm free for the rest of the night! If I do need to be there when Flower is awake they are happy to have her there and with the Club House she can watch cartoons, color pictures on the table and just run around. Last week that was the case because Lynnette works 8:00 to noon. She had me come in at 11:00 so we could
'train' for an hour. I had Flower with me during that time. I would leave when she did and get Flower lunch and all that and then I'd go back. Flower just did her thing and it was fun to have her with me knowing I didn't have to put her in daycare. They just run things so smooth and relaxed here and I can't get over how much I LOVE it! Things are so good!

ps- the title is the song from Annie.

4 comments:

Steph said...

YES! For sure have them contact me! rainfly3@hotmail.com

Lynnette said...

We are so fortunate to have Angee with us! Everything happens for a reason and we are as lucky as she is!

ang :o) said...

Ahh Lynnette your sweet!

sara :) said...

I'm so happy for you guys. It's so nice when things just fall into place!

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out