Saturday, March 8, 2008

Thanks Mom and Dad!

Last night I called my parents to tell them that we had moved. I asked them if they'd want to come pick up Flower today and spend some time with her so we could unpack boxes. They still haven't babysat her or had her spend the night so my mom suggested they come get her last night, see our new place and have her spend the night. That worked out fabulously! They came over about 8 pm and she was so ready to get out of here. Poor thing. I am so sick if hearing myself saying "stop that" "don't play with that" "don't go over there" "go play in your room" "stop following me"! If I'm sick of it, I can't imagine what she's feeling, and she's hearing it from both of us! It's hard to get settled with a toddler under foot! She happily went with them, smiley and waving and yelling good bye to us as we stood on our balcony. She had a great time with them. She conned Grandma into sleeping in the bed with her. ;) Today they watched Cinderella, then they took the dog for the a walk through the neighborhood. She attempted to hold the leash and was about pulled over onto her face. They then watched Lion King and then she took a nap. I went and picked her up when KG finally went to bed since he had to work tonight. We got tons done while she was gone! I made a trip to Target to get bath mats, a welcome mat, a shelf unit for her room with square buckets for all her toys, hangers for all of us, a step stool for her bed so I can have my kitchen stool back, and a shower head. It's so fun to see it all coming together. After she and I got home, it was just as I hoped it would be. She played happily in her room while I was able to do laundry and organize. She LOVES having access to her room to play! (previously she couldn't while KG was sleeping because there wasn't a door between our rooms so she'd wake him up during the day) Now she'll be able to play in her room all day if she wants! We have really enjoyed having a dining room again. It's been fun to sit and eat together and talk rather then eating on the floor and constantly telling her to sit down and sit still or she'd knock her food over. I can't wait till it's warmer outside and then she and I can enjoy breakfast out on the balcony! We've loved having the squirrels here and being able to feed them. KG affectionately named one Sir Fuzzy Nuts! ;-D I love to be able to see what's going on in the living room or her bedroom while I'm in the kitchen! Today as I was rinsing some dishes it was fun to watch her on the sofa reading a book instead of being stucj and secluded in the 'hallway' kitchen at the Idanha. There is so much to love here!
And to think it's only been two days!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out