Saturday, March 8, 2008

So Blessed!

I was just sitting here tonight thinking how blessed we are. This property management job happened completely by accident in 2005. It was supposed to be a temporary 3 month job to fill in for a friend that was in my ward. She was going to Spain to learn Spanish. A month after starting that position at the Idaho Building, the company liked me and offered me a full time position at a different complex, the Idanha.
Before KG and I got married, in 1999, we toured the Idanha in it's remodel stage from Hotel to apartments. We talked about how cool it would be to live there. KG contacted the owner, Ken Howell, to see when the apartments would be available and what the prices would be. We talked about living there if we got married. Since they weren't ready when we got married in 2000 we bought a house. So five years later when I was offered a job to manage that same complex, we couldn't refuse! We moved in and it's been such a fun three years. That building is rich with character and personality! I really want to publish a book about my experiences there. Gosh there was some crazy times!
Renting out our home, that we still own, allowed us the ability to adopt Miss Flower. That will always be the biggest blessing in this experience. I learned so much from Parklane and will take with me so many memories, some bad, but most good. Each of them making me a stronger person! I will really miss Chris, Tammy and Brad.
Chris really became a good friend! I leaned on him a lot through some unpleasant experiences there. I will also really miss our bitch sessions every Tuesday when we'd clean the smaller buildings we each managed in addition to our big buildings. We will certainly have a lasting friendship beyond that job.
Tammy has been with Parklane for so long that when I had a bad day or an issue with someone she always had great advice. She is so talented outside of her job there too! I look forward to catching up with her each time I got to the Saturday Market. I also know that we'll get together for lunch on occasion.
Brad had a way of making me laugh like nobody else! He is hilarious! Seriously! I wish I could have recorded most of what he said because it was always funny and he usually wasn't trying to be. Pretty much EVERYTHING he said was funny just by the way he said it.
The downside is there has been so many changes in employees over the last year that it really made it hard on the managers to do our jobs effectively. I also felt like the 'family' feel was no longer there after Paul left. That is one thing I am really looking forward to about the new job. I am the only one working there that isn't family so I know that will change quickly and will be part of the family before I know it. I am so excited to work for Lynnette. She used to work with me at Parklane. She had the most contagious laugh! I used to love coming into the main office when she worked there because I knew I'd have a good laugh. I feel so blessed that she thought enough of me to seek me out as an employee and I hope I don't let her down. I have a feeling she will help me in ways I can't even fathom.
It has been amazing to be able to be a full time mom, having Flower with me while I work. I wouldn't have it any other way. I couldn't do it. Having the opportunity to make extra money, rent out our house(with the same awesome renters for three years!), and still be able to be a full time mom is amazing! It's also been so much easier to make these fun, spontaneous moves since KG has held his stable job for over 8 years. I am still just blown away at the course of our lives over the last three years. All of it so unintentional. Isn't that the way it works? If we are willing to listen to our Heavenly Father, and let him guide your life, things will work out. Amazing and fun opportunities will come your way. We just have to be open to change which isn't always easy for me. But when it's right, it's right and the overwhelming sense of peace that comes along with it is awesome!

No comments:

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out