Friday, March 7, 2008

Oops, I guess I lied.

Remember this post,down towards the bottom under the heading Are we moving to West Boise? Well, here let me recap that paragraph for you:
Are we moving to West Boise?-
Um hell no! My mom called me yesterday and said there was a rumor in the family that we were moving to west Boise. First of all we aren't moving at all. We need this job desperately right now so moving is out! Second, even if we were, it certainly wouldn't be to west Boise! You should all know us better then that! I won't say never because you never know but it would be a last resort.
Well guess what? I lied. Ok I take that back. It's not exactly west Boise but we are moving. I didn't really lie because I didn't no at the time. I had NO IDEA when I wrote that post. But EVERYTHING in our lives have changed in just a matter of a couple of weeks! I received a call on Tuesday morning, the 19th with a job offer. I was a little taken aback because no one new I was considering leaving my current job. I started started to cry for a couple of reasons. I knew this was answer to prayers, but I hate making decisions like this! I think I got emotional because I knew this was what I was meant to do but I was really going to miss the things I love here! I love living downtown. I love the Idanha! I love our apartment! It has so much character! But this will bring us more money and a better environment. My mental health needs a better environment. This job just hasn't been the same since my boss Paul left and it took a turn for the worse last August. Don't get me wrong, I have liked my job. But I LOVE WHERE I LIVE and that has definitely made me stay and endure the last 7 months! I work with some really great people, especially Chris, Brad, and Tammy, but I realized that if we have a friendship, it will last beyond this job. Since KG was asleep, I called my good friend and fellow manager Chris to be my sounding board. He then told me that if I didn't take the job, I better give Lynnette his name because he wanted it. It really is a good opportunity and will save me from myself in so many ways.
I got too antsy and decided I'd wake KG up and tell him. I could tell he wanted me to take it, although he would completely support whatever choice I made. I also talked to my other friend Kris and it was nice to hear some different opinions. Did I mention that I was completely sick that day with yummy goodness coming out both ends? Yes, I know that's just pleasant! I had called my sister to see if they were sick because we were all together the night before celebrating my Dad's upcoming Birthday and wondered if it was food poisoning. She wasn't sick and offered to take Flower for the day. That was wonderful! It was actually right after she left that I got the call about the job.
On Wednesday the 20th, the three of us went over to where the potential job was. We checked out what would be our new apartment and got all the details about the job. I then told Lynnette exactly what I would need in order to make the job change. Her dad is the owner so she'd present it all to him and get back to me. I was a little nervous because she said the amount I needed was a little more then what she expected but said I was worth it and she would see what she could do. I got an email that night saying she had good news and wanted to take me to lunch the next day.
Thursday February 21st she took me to lunch at Blimpie. She told me that the amount was approved. We talked in more detail about responsibilities and expectations. In short, we agreed on all the terms and I accepted the job and we started planning our move!!! Can you believe it?! You just never know when your life is going to change! Or when and how a prayer will be answered.
The hard about property management, if you get a new job, you also have to move. As if one isn't stressful enough without the other! I'm really excited and know this will bring some positive changes in my life! Here is the web site to the property: http://www.benchmarkapartments.net/. That night I talked to our bishop to let him know about the move and see what options there were. Honestly, I didn't want to move if we had to switch wards. There is a lot going on right now that I really need my ward friends! I also have never had a ward like this. It's really wonderful. Plus I haven't had enough time to really enjoy this new bishopric! I was really pleased that the bishop agreed and since the home that we own is in the ward, he doesn't see an issue with it! Plus we will only be 3 miles from where we were. We went out to celebrate and that's when Flower puked on the table!
Friday, February 22nd, I let everything sink in and just kept getting more and more excited! This move is going to be so great! I couldn't be more excited to with Lynnette again. That night we went and purchased a dining room table since we will now have a dining room! Wahoo! No more eating on the floor as a family! ;)
Monday February 25th I got an email from Lynnette saying that we could have the apartment by Saturday March 1st! Way earlier then expected! This is all happening so fast! I spent my free time calling moving companies to get estimates. KG and I moved ourselves into this apartment entirely alone! It sucked! I'm not doing it again. It's a difficult building. When I called the moving companies and told them our address, they all made a similar horrified noise. I decided on a company and scheduled the move for Thursday March 6th, KG's next day off. That afternoon I turned in my resignation with Parklane. That is one reason that I haven't been able to say anything yet. I know that some of my co-workers, as well as my boss, read this on occasion. It wouldn't be right for them to read about it here rather than an official and personal resignation letter. I was so nervous to turn it in.  But i was also overjoyed to be leaving on my terms after someone spent a lot of time making work life very difficult. It went well and my boss was stunned. I just keep feeling better and better about everything so I know we've made the right choice. That night we went and picked out all the paint for the new place! So exciting!
Thursday, February 28th we finally got a key to the apartment! I am going to LOVE this place! The walk-in closet in the master bedroom and the pantry in the kitchen are HUGE! Together they are the same size as one of the bedrooms we have now. Excellent! We went and took measurements and tried out small areas of the paint. The turquoise is the one I'm the most nervous about. I'll have to see how it goes. I just am giddy inside with how great this is going to be. Flower is going to have so much room to run and play and she won't wake up KG during the which will be so wonderful for all of us! Yay!
Friday, February 29th, Flower went with Sandee's for a sleepover. I then pulled Crush out of the garage and took a moment to re-bond. Gosh I missed him these cold winter months! I went and picked up a ladder from Kris and was soon on my way to the new apartment and got busy painting! I spent most of the night by myself. KG stopped by at one point to help out with a few things and give me his opinion. It was actually really nice and peaceful. Somewhat cleansing. Everything fresh and new. I am really happy. I did most of our room (a deep chocolate brown) and most of the computer/craft room ( a deep eggplant purple).


Here's photo of the living room and dining room. I lean against the wall the art that we plan to hang so that I can see if I'm going to like the paint that is chosen.


I also started the living room (turquoise) to see if I'd like it. This was the room giving me the most grief. The original plan, in my head, was two walls in the living room and one wall in the dining room. After putting a small sample on the wall on Thursday night, I was kind of freaking out. It seemed neon. Not quite what I was going for. It also looked terrible with the the pictures chosen for the dining room. Soooo, I decided to paint a portion of the living room and come back Saturday to see what I thought.
Saturday, March 1st. I woke up so sore! I really didn't want to go back but knew I had to. I love the turquoise! I planned to do two walls in the living room, none in the dining room. I finished up our bedroom and the computer/craft room. Once I'd finished the bedroom and before the computer room I'd begone to wonder what the hell I was thinking wanting to paint every room!

I am thrilled with how they turned out! I took lots of time doing pilates stretches when my back would start to hurt. That really seemed to help. I also had a little friend join me. I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of him! I have really missed seeing squirrels since living downtown so I'm really excited for this. I sat and played with him for bit and then remember that I had some trail mix. I set some out and he ate happily! I can hardly wait to show Flower.



KG picked flower up from Sandee and came to get me. We went to dinner at Outback Stake House. I had never been there and we all enjoyed it. We then made trip to Walmart to get more living room paint as well as paint for Flower's room.
Sunday, March 2nd. I was so happy not to be sore when I woke up! I think the stretching made all the difference! After church I left Flower with KG and went back for more painting. I finished up the living room and started hanging all our art. Right about when I was done I was surprised by KG and Flower. They loved what I'd done so far!


They showed up with pizza in hand. We enjoyed dinner together and then I was thrilled that they were going to stay so KG could help with Flower's room. This was the final room! I was so excited to do her room because I have never done stripes and it just sounded fun! I am so happy with how it turned out! We let Flower pick her color. She also picked the princesses on the wall! Blech. She is so girly! I do however want her to be her own person so I'm willing to allow her to have a pink room. It looks like a princess vomited in there but that's ok. I'll let her have this one because there is no way in hell she's getting the big frilly ugly dresses! ;) I have to put my foot down somewhere! I actually really like how it turned out and her eyes just lit up when she saw the princesses on the wall! It's seriously really cute! *gasp* I can't believe I just admitted that out loud!



Here is a photo of the living room complete with art as well as the hallway with Miss Thangs photos on the wall.

Once I saw each room complete today I was so happy I didn't give up! I LOVE every one of them! I'm really going to miss my orange walls! Orange in my favorite color. But this is feeling so fresh and new and I can hardly wait to move in there!
Monday, March 3rd.
I talked to Lynnette and let her know we were done painting. She schedules the carpets to be cleaned on Tuesday. We also agreed that my start date would be on Monday, March 17th. That would give me two full weekends and a full week to get settled in and not have to deal with anything else! I'm very happy with that!
Wednesday, March 5th
Our table and rug were in! We went to pick it up and assemble it. We love sorry! We still have to put together two of the chairs. It was getting late. Sorry I forgot the camera so no photos yet. We stayed up till 2:30 am packing. Blech.
Thursday, March 6th. The big move. The moving company arrived at 8:30 am. We have so much crap! I had no idea. We even got rid of a lot of it when we moved into that apartment. It took them 7 hours to get all our stuff into a truck. Keep in mind part of that is having to deal with an elevator that 50 other people are trying to use at the same time as well as doors that are too small and furniture that is large plus one flight of stairs. We finally got to our new place and was unloaded by 7:10 pm. Oy! Even though it cost us twice what we'd planned, it was money well spent. It was really nice to be able to start unpacking boxes as they were being dropped off at my feet. I get overwhelmed fairly easily with things like this so this helped a lot! Sadly we still have so much to do at the apartment and that makes me want to burry my head under the last remaining pillow there and cry! Or avoid it like the plague but I cannot. So here's hoping I get through it with minimal tears. A HUGE THANKS TO KRIS AND SANDEE TOO! Kris picked up Flower at 9:00 am. She got to go to the YMCA and play, eat at Subway and hang out with Matt! She brought her back to us at 12:30 pm. Sandee showed up right after that. she took a two hour nap then played with the kids when they got home from school. she got to play on a playground while Spencer was at Flag Football practice. She bought her dinner before bringing her home at 7:30 pm. WE ARE SO GRATEFUL FOR YOUR HELP! It meant that Flower wasn't getting yelled at all day! We were all in bed at our new place by 10:30 pm exhausted. It will take a bit of time to get out from under the boxes. I had the camera and took lots of pictures but can't find the thing I need to upload them so for now, we moved and I'll post photos soon.
I'll be sending out a personal email with our new address and phone numbers. As of today I don't have any phone numbers. Please don't call my cell phone anymore! It's not mine now.

5 comments:

Gorge Us Family said...

Congratulations, sounds like a wonderful move.

sara :) said...

Yay for you guys! Plus now you're closer to me! (Oh, and what wonderful paintings you have on your walls...whoever the artist is must be fabulous!)

Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

Congratulations! The place looks great!

La belle mère said...

Wow, life comes at you fast, doesn't it? Sounds like a great opportunity and I'm glad things are working out so well for you.

I had to laugh at your description of Flower's room, though. Maybe I should buy her some Princess dress-up clothes so she can come visit ME and get her girlie fix! ;=)

THE CROMAR FAMILY said...

I am so happy for you! Congrats and I love your colorful place.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out