Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Unbelievable!

Today was just one of those days from hell. :) Fairly late last night I found out my cousin lost her baby at 35 weeks. My heart broke for them. This morning I talked to my other cousin, her sister, and cried for an hour. I just cannot imagine what they are going through. I don't think there is a loss that can compare. This is the third little baby lost to cousins I love dearly. As soon as I was wrapping things up at the new place and getting Flower ready, I was going to head to the old apartment to mop the living room and grab some remaining things. I was on the phone with my friend Kris telling her about my cousins baby when my sister calls and says my mom was just rushed to the hospital, by ambulance, from work. I worry right off the bat but didn't get too panicky figuring it was another asthma attack. I was more then shocked when I walked in to see her and she was barely coherent and didn't have a clue who I was. I walked right back out of the room and cried. My dad asked why I was crying (in a joking way) because I am normally the hard ass. Well, guess what, my cover is blown. I am really a softy which is why I put on a tough shell. I hate to see people hurt and I am so not ready for my parents to be old and not remember me! She is only 59 for crying out loud! I crumbled. I only went in one other time and that was also for only 30 seconds and then I left crying again. The thought of my mom maybe not knowing who I was ever again was more then I could bare. She was in and out of consciousness and the whole afternoon is just one I want to forget. There are so many details I could write but I am so tired! I finally left there at, crap I don't even know but it was sometime tonight and I am so drained. They said she had a mini-stroke and her memory would come back but they suspected other things as well and were doing more testing.  She was switched to a nicer room and a cardiologist and neurologist are coming in the morning to run some more tests. I just love my mom to pieces and want her around for so much longer!
so as if this all wasn't enough to deal with in one day, my previous boss decided not to relinquish my paycheck, knowing full well I couldn't make it to an inspection since I was at the hospital all day today. You know what? I am just too tired to rehash the whole story so here is the email I sent her just a few minutes ago:
Sherry,
This whole situation is really disappointing. I contacted the labor board last week because I didn't know what the protocol was
and really, I doubted you would do the right thing from the beginning. You have had it out for me and you know you have done so many things wrong with my situation at State Street. Now you are proving me right. For once you could be a decent human being. As they said I should, I turned in the notice to have my paycheck in the 48 hours. That ended up being a really good thing because we really needed the money so I could do some unexpected travel due to a death. KG would continue to finish up in the apartment and return the keys Friday. I would have been happy to meet you at the apartment today if this unexpected stuff hadn't happened. I emailed you twice this past weekend. Why didn't you mention wanting to meet Tuesday morning then? Then we would have made sure that it was ready for an inspection. We figured an inspection would happen on Friday since that's when you gave us to move out. I had no reason to think there would be any issue until today, when I'm already at the hospital, when you refused to issue it, knowing I couldn't get to the apartment. There shouldn't have been an issue anyway since, by law, per the labor board, if I request my paycheck is HAS to be handed to me within 48 hours. You cannot withhold it for ANY reason, even an apartment check. You are in violation of that law. I don't understand what the big deal is. I even told you several times that after the apartment inspection, if there are things you feel need to be charged, that you could bill us and I gave you my address on Friday. With this stuff happening with my cousin and my mom, I would think you would be a little more understanding, especially since KG went all the way down there. Such a waste of his time when you knew I couldn't get a hold of him. As of last Friday I am no longer an employee and became a tenant. My paycheck for being an employee is completely separate from being a tenant. It may have been part of my employment package but since I'm now a tenant, as per the lease I signed, that's not the case. You should have mentioned Friday that my paycheck was going to be dependent on an apartment search instead of going over unbeknown to us this morning. If I had known that, I would have made other arrangements to have the apartment ready. Things really did not have to end this way and I don't understand why your being so unreasonable and causing so much more stress when you knew I didn't have any other choice today. Please do the right thing for once.

Sincerely,
Angee
So isn't that lovely. She knows I'm sitting at the hospital not knowing what the condition of my mom is going to be or if she's ever going to remember me and we are having an email argument (KG's phone, that I had with me, had email access and this went on all afternoon!). Unbelievable! Wouldn't it have been easier to give my paycheck to my husband at 4:00 pm when he went in there and then deal with this shit later?! Come on! Have some class.

4 comments:

sara :) said...

Angee, I am so sorry about this! Was it Kami that lost her baby? I can't imagine what you're going through right now. I will keep all of your family in my prayers. I hope your mom recovers quickly-how scary! And the deal with your paycheck--so not cool. Let me know if I can do anything. You have my phone number!

hugs

La belle mère said...

HOLY COW ANG! I'll call my mom to get an update... I am sooooo sorry. :( I'll add you guys to my prayer list which seems to be growing daily, and not in a good way. :(

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

Thinking of you right now... hope all turns out ok... take care...

Chris, Kristina, Nathan and Audrey... said...

So sorry to hear about your mom!She's such a great lady and I hope she fully recovers. She'll be in our prayers. We love you guys! Take care of yourselves.

Let's kick it.

can you dig it?

My photo
i love life. i love my family. i love adventures.

past ramblings

peace out